Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what does everyone do for a living???

Replies

• Options
    I work for the NHS, diagnosing and treating people with hearing and balance problems. Very rewarding, especially my baby and children clinics, but never glamourous!
  • Options
    I'm a biologist (nothing health related though so it doesn't much help me with any of this TTC business unfortunately!) I love it but as I'm pretty much a lab rat, it's another not very glam job! x
  • Options
    I think I will win the most boring category...I calculate Insurance renewals, all day every day!!!
    It's ok though..I'm a self-confessed geek!!
  • Options
    I'm a lecturer, love my job but has been super stressful lately - doesn't help when ttc! lol!
  • Options
    I'm a hairdresser. Haven't worked in a salon since I had my son 3 years ago but I'm now doing a bit of mobile again x
  • Options
    Im a supervisor at Next which i love,as i love clothes and being in charge lol!! but currently on maternity leave after having my daughter 6 months ago. Am going back in August though.

• Options
    I'm a primary school teacher-teaching 4-5 year olds which i love. It does make it tricky when trying to think of names for my own baby though-you get put off certain names quite quickly!!
  • Options
    I love Next!! Sorry slightly off topic image

I am an assistant head at a primary school, love my job and love the holidays.

Happy easter everyone image

xxx
  • Options
    My jobs nothing glamorous am a bit of a multi-tasker I work for a small local charity, I am Finance Officer, Admin Officer, Deputy Manager, First Aider and have recently done my Advice and Guidance qualification to see clients and advise them on career options, getting back into work etc so I am also a Project Worker when I have to fill in and see clients.

Told you it was complicated, HAPPY EASTER everyone, don't eat too many eggs he he xx
  • Options
    I work for M&S and my job is quite confusing!

I don't really work on the shopfloor but Im not considered a supervisor or manger yet! lol
    I do lots of different jobs through the day and really enjoy it! I will definately be going back after maternity leave (when i get BFP!!!)
  • Options

I don't really work on the shopfloor but Im not considered a supervisor or manger yet! lol
    I do lots of different jobs through the day and really enjoy it! I will definately be going back after maternity leave (when i get BFP!!!)
  • Options

• Options
    im a clinical support worker for the nhs. It is physically demanding but i absolutely love it. I work for the nurse bank which basically means i can pick and choose my own hours so i can work as little or as much as i want and it fits in great with my family. Before that i worked as a travel agent for 6 years and hated every second of it.
    I am hoping that in a couple of years i can do my training but im unsure of whether to train as a nurse, a midwife or an occupational therapist lol xx
  • Options
    Im a computer engineer working in a petroleum company ...

I can say it gets boring :/
  • Options
    I'm a solicitor too! Family one. Also do a lot of photography x x
  • Options
    What sort of firm do you work for mafia princess? What's their attitude to sols having babies? My last firm didn't like it AT ALL, totally gave me the impression that it was frowned upon! I'm hoping the firm I'm at now won't mind too much if me and DH have babies!

• Options
    What sort of firm do you work for mafia princess? What's their attitude to sols having babies? My last firm didn't like it AT ALL, totally gave me the impression that it was frowned upon! I'm hoping the firm I'm at now won't mind too much if me and DH have babies!

x

this is the reason that i want my family done and dusted now as most people i have spoken to have frowned upon it. I would rather have my family life sorted now so that i am able to concentrate on my career totally. dunno if im mad or not but it sounds like a good plan in my head! :S plus i dont want a massive gap between my daughter and another baby as my daughter is already nearly 5.
  • Options
    Think I can beat everyone in the least glamorous stakes - I work in a fast food restaurant.
    I'm 21 and mum to a 2 yr old so I do part time xx
  • Options
    I'm an accounting technician, though I don't know how much longer for as we've been told someone is to be made redundant next Monday :cry:
  • Options
    I know what you mean, sounds like you've got a good plan! I do worry that my firm won't like it if I get pg and go off on mat leave but at the moment I am totally tied to the job, easily do 50+ hours a week! I hope they realise that although I'm dedicated there's no way I will be able to put in the same amount of hours if we have kids.