Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling a little cheated.

2»

Replies

• Options
    Plumduff im going to do the exact same. I dont care, it'll be for the LO.
  • Options
    I think if you have worked all your life and paid your taxes, why shouldn't you claim a little back when you need a little extra help, that's what it's there for. It's not there for people who have children just because they can't be a*sed working and being a decent human being. They'd rather live off everyone else. I've worked since i was 13 (i got an after school job in a pet shop) and in that time i had 6 months where i didn't have a job, that was because i left a nursery job because it was an accident waiting to happen and i didn't want to be a part of it. I had a bit of money saved so i thought i'd take a bit of time off. I could of claimed job seekers but i didn't want to because i felt i didn't deserve it. And when i was ready i went and got a job straight away, easy.
    I too will be getting a bit of extra help if i need it for childcare fees etc, and why not, i've worked for it for the passed 13 years!
  • Options
    I think if you have worked all your life and paid your taxes, why shouldn't you claim a little back when you need a little extra help, that's what it's there for. It's not there for people who have children just because they can't be a*sed working and being a decent human being. They'd rather live off everyone else.

totally agee with the above. ive worked since the day i turned 16, im a stay at home mum but we arent on benefits (just tax credits and the mandatory child benefit) plus ohs wage.

i agree...there should be classes on how to get pregnant! i understand all the stuff about teenage pregnancies for younger people (i conceived my dd when i was 18 and had him at 19 but i was a world away from alot of youngsters these days) now ive gotten round to trying to get preg, i dont really have a clue about much of anything! xoxo