Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ovulation test strips

1565758596062»

Replies

• Options

hiya

so I gave in and tested yesterday and it was a BFN but I still think it's early as I'm not actually due on till 31st & I'm not even sure when I ovulated so guess still A waiting game for my period now x x x 

• Options

Hi Danielle if your not due in until 31st that really is too early to be testing.. but good luck and hope she stays away. let us know when going to test again.. :)  jos2482 how's the opking going?

Cberg how are you feeling huni? SW2 hope your feeling good bet this week is dragging for you.. xx

Well I'm due on tomorrow certain she is coming one thing I can say that my cycles the last 5/6 times have been bang on 24 days so I'm glad they have been so regularly will just keep plodding on and taking things in my stride.. :) xxx

• Options

Danielle... That really is very rarly to test so i wouldnt count yourself out yet.... With this time round I got a very clear negative at 9dpo but then a very faint positive at 11dpo... & that was using the super sensitive early detection tests. I would wait a few days & try again!

hey Janice.l. Yep it feels like I'm in a constant tew now!! Every day is dragging! But trying to take it in small steps to help me from going crazy!... Scan on friday, then I will set a new goal. Keep us posted Janice on whether AF arrives. X

• Options

Hi ladies! 

new to this! Been reading a few of the posts at the start of this thread and so feel like I've been on a wee journey with you all! Too many to read though so I've skipped to the end.

my story:

TTC baby number 2. I have a DS who will be 4 in May. I had my implant removed October 2013 and since then my periods have been all over the place. I was bleeding for around 6 weeks at one point! 😬 I went to my GP who prescribed norethisterone. The bleeding st

• Options

Oops! Posted too soon! 

as I was saying, the bleeding stopped a couple of days after taking the norethisterone but didn't return again for weeks! I decided in december that I want to let my body do it's own thing and so I stopped taking them. I had a bleed (probably withdrawl) on 3rd Jan for a few days. 

We started TTC on 12th Jan so just at the beginning of our journey! I began using CB OPK's last week as I have no idea when I'm ovulating and I just don't know what to think of them! Used them for 5 days now and each has been a negative. There were 2 lines on each but the test was lighter than the control and all of them have been the exact same. My DH and I have been dtd every other day or so anyway.

I find this is consuming most of my thoughts! I'm trying to relax but it's hard. If this is me now, how will I be months down the line?! 😬

• Options

Hi oxytocinlove... It may just be that you missed your ov for this month... If you assume that your bleed which started on jan 3rd was your period... So jan 3rd would be CD1.... & you started testing 5 days ago (jan 22nd).... That means you disnt start testing until CD 19.... unless you have a cycle of 33 days or more then you will have alreafy ovulated by the 22nd jan.

how long are your cycles usually? If for example they are 30 days long, you are likely to ovulate around CD 16... So you would want to start using your opk's from around day 12/13 until you get your positive.

hope that helps... Any other questions... Feel free to ask! 

• Options

I agree with SW2 it's seems hard work at first oxytocinlove but I can assure you it gets so much easier after a few cycles as to when to test ect.. 

Well she arrived bang on time again this morning..on to cycle 789545756. Haha ok not really but it feels like that many..:) xxxx

• Options

hiya 

yeah I think it was to early I guess I'll test next week sometime :) xxxx

• Options

Thanks for the advice ladies.

before I had my implant put in I was always a regular 28 day cycle. Didn't bleed at all when I had my implant in and that was for around 2 years. Since having it removed I have no idea what my cycle is - it appears to differ each month but all have been longer than 28 days. 

I think I'll just need to start tracking it properly once AF arrives next - whenever that may be! X

• Options

Hello everyone!

We've noticed that this thread is getting super-long - which is lovely, of course! 

But it also means it's getting harder and harder to load on some devices - and a lot fiddlier to keep up with.

So, if it's OK with you all, we're going to create a new thread, called Ovulation test strips Part 2 - which should be super-speedy and easy to load - where you can carry on your conversation.

We won't delete this thread (as if!); we'll just close it to new posts (so we don't have 2 convos going on at once!) and put up a link to the new thread so everyone knows where to head for.

Trust that all sounds OK. You may already have seen we've done the same kind of think with the long-running Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage thread, and the mahoosive Cezarette thread, and that's all worked out really well. :)

• Options

Sure... We'll fill up another one! 😊

• Options

Thanks SW2!

Everyone else good with the plan?

• Options

Yup! Fine with me :) x

• Options

OK, lovely. Thanks Oxytocinlove (like your name!)

Right am going to start the new thread, and then come back and link to it from here.

See you in a mo!

• Options

Right, here's your lovely zippy new thread: http://www.madeformums.com/forum/trying-to-conceive/ovulation-test-strips---part-2/169920.html

Do please come on over and fill it up!

(We're going to lock this thread to further posts now, so that the conversation doesn't end up being split over two places)