Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying in May - anyone want to join me?

Replies

• Options
    Her herestohoping how are you feeling this morning? Hope all is still looking positive. Xx
  • Options
    Hello - I had an interesting day yesterday. Went to watch Rita Ora in Cardiff and for the majority of the day I was having left pelvic twinges and generally just feeling full. AF is due to rear her ugly head in 8 days so I’m hoping it’s not a sign of her coming early. I’ve also had lots of cm but it’s been white and liquidy like with some clear as well. Hope everyone is doing ok. MrsS how is the UTI doing? x

• Options
    Sarah, I’m off to Cardiff Friday for the week to see my mum, are you local? Uti is a lot better no sign of it returning but I still have three days of antibiotics left to take, only issue is it’s causing Diarrhea which doesn’t help with cramping pains etc. Negative test again for me today but not getting upset just yet.

Sounds promising with the twinges and extra cm.  won’t be long before you can test too. Just hope we are not all waiting too long. Xx
  • Options
    We are 60 miles west of Cardiff. Me and a friend drove up to the concert - which was amazing. Yeah I’m hopeful it is a good sign and not AF beginning to make an appearance. Just worry that I’m making up all the symptoms. Having lower back pain today as well.
    just feel like it is AF as I was a week late last month so knowingmy luck I will be a week early this month.
    Side affects of antibiotics are horrible - I had them a few months ago and almost gave up on them as was on the loo most the week. x 
  • Options
    Don’t know which Antibiotics are worse these or the last ones that turned my urine glow in the dark yellow 🙈. Fingers crossed just three more days the. I will be back to normal. 
    I know the feeling about symptom spotting. I think because we all so want to be pregnant the body does trick us which is a nightmare. I’m gardening again today to try keep myself busy besides work in 10 minutes but I know I’ll be aching all over later which then makes me symptom spot again. Can’t win. 
    Fingers crossed hun it’s not much longer to go now till testing. X
  • Options
    Hi ladies just to update. Got my period in full force today. Its just a bit different with a lot of clotting. I am going to the doctors this afternoon. I know they can't do a lot but at least they can tell me what could have happened and record it so that if I have any future issues they have the full picture. Then when I go home tonight close the chapter and move on to another month after my period stops. Its been the most awful traumatic week. Brought horrible memories back. But onwards and upwards!!
    Hope you are all having a good day and not obsessing too much. The struggle is real!! 
  • Options
     herestohoping I’m so very sorry. It was all looking so good. Do look after yourself and hope the dr puts your mind at rest. Never give up hope. Big hugs to you hun. X
  • Options
    Well I think I'm out this month. Period due in 2 days and I've got a pinkish tinge to my CM :-( 
  • Options
    Sharon that could well be implantation bleed if it’s pink in colour. See how you go over the next couple of days. Good luck. X
  • Options
    Evening all - sorry for the radio silence for the last week. 
    I ended up in hospital with a nasty case of cholecystitus - pumped full of drugs for a week, so my month was out after all that. Got my period four days after it was due.

Holding off TTC until after my surgery now. Consultant said it was a blessing in disguise not to have fallen pregnant yet. Apparently gallbladder issues while pregnant are horrific - everything happens or doesn’t for a reason I guess. Xx
  • Options
    Thank you MrsS. 

Kkmac sounds awful I hope you are feeling better real soon and get your surgery ASAP.

Went to the docs. It was negative and she said although it was likely to be chemical they won't really record it with it being so early so it wouldn't count for the investigating after 3 miscarriages but at least I went and got closure it was helpful. This time around I'm going to chill out and not do any tests until after period is due as I really don't want to go through this again. Ladies please don't test to o early it can be so unhelpful that's all I would say. 

Hubby likes the ovulation tests and knowing we are covering the window though so still going to do those. 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that KKMAC. Hope you are on the mend soon. 

Herestohoping. Glad you have the Closure from the dr but Shame they couldn’t record it as another Mc. I agree taking a more relaxed approach to testing is better. I think I’m going to do the same going forward. At the end of the day as long as you are taking all the prenatal vitamins and not drinking loads and trying to avoid certain foods you should be safe enough. Look into the b6 and magnesium to see if it will help you a little more to conceive. I personally don’t think I’m pregnant this month and I’m just taking each day as it comes now. Still going to do all my charting so I can see if there is differences next month but I’m just going to relax a little now. Big hugs too all who need it. Xx
  • Options
    Thanks MrsS. I actually bought b 6 and am now taking it from your recommendation. Same one from sainsbury. So handy to have this chat for tips. What foods do you avoid just sugery?
    Yes it was good to get closure and it's good to share with you all as we might find each others stories helpful. 
    You never know you may well be pregnant but definitely try to focus on other things until it's a good time to test. I've learnt my lesson this month in never buying another frer!!!
    Baby dust to you all lovelies xxx
  • Options
    It’ll happen for us - I’m certain of it. 

@Herestohoping and @*MrsS* - thank you for the messages. 
    Im sorry we’re out this time - but you’ve still some hope MrsS!!! Xx
  • Options
    It’s avoiding foods like pate, shellfish etc they say is not safe to take if possibly pregnant. I struggle without patè in my life 😂

Due Saturday so we shall see. I’m feeling a little emotional tonight. We loose our second car end of July and husband says we can’t afford another for a while. Thing is I may not use it a lot in the week but as it will be the summer holidays and I go to Cardiff for a couple weeks which is a 2 hour drive to see family I won’t be able to do it without a car as husband needs the other car for an hours drive to work each day. It’s so petty but I can’t help but be an emotional damn about it all, especially if we did have a baby on the way. Need to look at all our options between now and July. X
  • Options
    MrsS - it’s such an emotional time with the TWW that even the smallest things can get to you. I’m giving up on symptom checking online as everything I read is different. Some people have implantation cramps/spotting and some don’t, some have changes in their CM and some don’t. Just going to try and relax now and start testing next Wednesday if AF hasn’t arrived. 
    I have however checked my cervix again at the same time as yesterday and I can barely feel it now and it’s medium rather than firm and a lot of CM so things change daily really don’t they. 
    My friend who has a two week old has given me some food advice to just relax and enjoy it. She luckily fell pregnant in the first month of trying for her first and all her tests came back negative until a week after her AF was due. 
    Wishing all the luck in the world to everyone. x

• Options
    Herestohoping - sorry your period came. Mine came too last night. Worst period pain I have ever had, I was awake all night with it. Such a cruel end to another month with no conception. On to month 11 for me with no signs of a pregnancy in all those months. Baby dust to us all x
  • Options
    Well ladies our time must be coming soon! A silver lining is that some of us can get through "ttc in June" together!! Hopefully we will have more success then. 
  • Options
    Let’s hope June is the month for all of us. Got strong cramps today, and skin break out which always happens two days before I’m due on so just waiting for it to come so I can relax a little more. X
  • Options
    Sorry your AF came ladies. Here is to next month. 

Im really not holding out for any hope this month. My AF isn’t due till early June but I’m thinking this month is a write off for me. 

After getting my peak on my opk on CD11 (which is mega early for me) I tested again on CD13 & got low fertile & then again on CD14 & was back to peak. (I normally ovulate between CD14-16). 

Ive hardly had any CM this month too. 

So so rather than worrying/stressing/hoping I’ve decided just to say f**k it, this month is a goner & move onto June. 
This discussion has been closed.