Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Abnormal sperm - How often to BD?

2»

Replies

• Options
    if u ever need u can pm me I'm around, I recently gave up on second child... I'm grateful every day that miracle allowed me to have one. So even if I can't fully understand ur position, I know how painful this things are. Just done give up! 
  • Options
    Thank you 💙 I really appreciate it x

It has just always be a fear of mine and a feeling I wouldn't ever be able to have a baby as it is the one and only thing I have ever wanted. It is just so so sad. Especially when everyone else around be seems to be effortlessly having babies at the moment! Xx
  • Options
    Im sure u will have ur baby sooner or later, u just can't give up! I know how hard this is, everyone is getting pregnant and I can't even allow myself to try. 
  • Options
    Thank you. It's just such a hard, sad journey. It's the first time I have been on here in months as it was just so hard for me to either see sad stories or, even though I am always happy for people, all the BFPs that I want getting myself. To top it of I work in a job where I work with pregnant women and babies every single day. What made you stop trying if you dont mind me asking? Xx
  • Options
    Loss no6 in form of ectopic. (5in 8 months). Plus circumstances aren't good either. I don't think I can take another loss without destroying myself and my family
  • Options
    Oh no so sorry to hear that. In such a short space of time too 😢 but it's amazing you are still on here helping everybody else and giving up your time, what a lovely thing to do as you clearly have the knowledge! Xx
  • Options
    I guess I got attached and want to see some happy stories of girls I spend months with in here. 
  • Options
    sas1101sas1101 Regular
    edited May 7, 2020 12:58PM
    Hi, 

I hope I can help with my experience, although @MadDoda is very knowledgeable and helpful 😊 

My oh sperm was tested and his results were classed as abnormal. The consultant said he had 0.5mil/ml sperm (practically nothing) and both morphology and motility were way below the normal parameters. I think they called it oligoasthenoteratozoospermia (I tried to pronounce it 🤣). Our chances of conceiving naturally were extremely low. We were put forward for icsi IVF  due to this and my low AMH. My oh did another SA 3 months later and his results were incredibly improved. His count was 110ml/mlTml and other results were over 50%. Which was way above avaarge. My oh was very very pleased (as you can imagine 😂) and the consultant was amazed. In them 3 months he stopped his long hot baths, took Wellman conception, macca root, ubiquinol and cut down on alcohol (poor guy). I wanted to tell you this as I didn't want you to be disheartened. Men produce new sperm every 3 months. His results could be down to him feeling under the weather or even stressed out giving the sample. They say men produce better sperm when they enjoy the process. Little lifestyle changed can also make a massive difference. My oh was pretty down about it for a while, think it hit him more than he ever admitted. Be patient with him and discuss a new sample in a couple of month. Don't give up trying. I haven't 2.5 years in... unfortunately our infertility is down to my ageing ovaries. I wish you lots of baby dust. Xx