Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hoping For A BFP June 2020 <3

Replies

• Options
    @BethO yeh that opk to me looks like you’re going to ovulate within the next 24 hours, so probably some time tomorrow.
    BD tonight and those little spermies should be there ready and waiting for when the egg is released! 

You could also BD tomorrow, unless your partner has a low sperm count or any fertility issues? I would BD tonight and tomorrow and if you really want feel like it, Sunday 🤣  they say every other day, mostly for men who need to replenish their sperm but i see no harm in doing it every day! 

Fingers crossed for you! 
  • Options
    @RiaMushk thanks for your help! I’ll do it tonight and then on Sunday, we wouldn’t know about the sperm count as we have only been trying for our 1st for 6 months so I do every other day just to be safe 😊
  • Options
    Very most likely his sperm are just fine! 
    Enjoy yourselves!! It took us 6 months to get pregnant with our first (mc) so I feel the frustration! It will be soon for you I am sure!! 
  • Options
    @Shannonm93 do you have any update on your test? Would love to know

@RiaMushk so sorry to hear about your mc it really does make me sad I couldn’t bare to think how you feel and others that have been in the situation. I would do everyday day but to me it seems more like it’s a chore when I have to do it, does that make sense and I don’t want it to put me off in future 🤦🏻‍♀️ God that sounds terrible 
  • Options
    BethO said:
    @RiaMushk thanks for your help! I’ll do it tonight and then on Sunday, we wouldn’t know about the sperm count as we have only been trying for our 1st for 6 months so I do every other day just to be safe 😊
    I hope you don’t mind me jumping in, ladies?  As most here already know, BDing every other day (or 3x a week) is recommended when TTC.  But, if you are able to pinpoint your high and peak fertility days (through BBT, OPKs or even CM), it can be quite beneficial to BD EVERYDAY during that special fertile window. The reason being is that while the egg is usually viable for approximately 24hrs after release, and the sperm for 3-5 days... but for some women, their eggs actually only survive for as little as 3hrs, and some sperm is only active for 24hrs.  So that ‘window’ of fertility, suddenly becomes a tiny peephole, and VERY easy to miss! This is one of the reasons why some couples get pregnant straight away, while other, otherwise healthy couples, take months and months! X
  • Options
    So confused ladies can anyone help please ! My cm was different to normal so took a opk and its come back quite dark and classed as high in my apps . But i had my peak days on the 23rd and 24th im now on 6dpo ! What does this mean 😳  can anyone shed any light x
  • Options
    @KiwiMoomin thank you! That’s very interesting and great to know!! 

@Chloe888 hmmm that is strange!? I’m really not sure... perhaps your body was preparing to release another egg, or has done!? I know some people can release two in a month, but actually I thought that was at the same time 🧐🧐🧐 
    any other opk experts out there!? 
  • Options
    @RiaMushk thanks for replying I know its so strange at first I got excited thinking maybe opks detected pregnancy and maybe that's why i got that result but Google was mixed reviews ! I was hopeful haha 😄  but no idea what to make of it x
  • Options
    I only took it as my cm was different to normal ! (Sorry in advance) like lots of it today more than I've ever known and like creamy lotion ! X
  • Options
    Hmmm creamy cm appears once egg has been released, so I think it safe to say it’s not ovulation coming up again!
    I guess everyone is different, I never had increased cm in my 2ww, in fact I think mine came only in the third trimester! 

If you’ve had your peak then the opk you just did might be just the LH surge still decreasing, as it can take a while after ovulation, I’m still testing even though I’m sure I must have got a peak and I’m still seeing a line ( on the easy@home ones, not the one step, bizarrely!) 
    Find it odd that it would still have a line but I guess it’s just lingering LH!? 
    Sorry I can’t be of much help 🙈

• Options
    I had increased cm when I was pregnant last time before I knew but about 15dpo not 6dpo haha ! Yes opk must still be from my peak surge ! X
  • Options
    @Chloe888 ooo well then maybe it is a sign for you!? But yeh 6dpo is super early... implantation hasn’t even occurred in most cases! 
    Maybe take another opk tomorrow just in case! 
  • Options
    @Siiia i really think u should contact ur DR to see if it was a chemical :( the fact that u had 2 tests with faint lines then a negative....if they were the same brand that makes me skeptical that u couldve had a pregnancy starting :/

@RiaMushk can u input ur temps in an app called fertility friend ? and hmmm u could ov late this cycle? i would keep testing.....with premom u have to try to use the same lighting everyday and u want the test line to be darker or as dark as the control line.....is the green one u posted alone from today? and i wouldnt stress bc stress can make it take longer

@BethO looks like ur ov is just around the corner

@Chloe888 women can still produce some lh hormones even when not ovulating bc it fluctuates...........sometimes opks can mistake HCG for LH but u say ur only 6dpo so its b too early for that.....cm isnt a very good indication of pregnancy creamy cm usually comes after ovulation.....egg white cm is fertile......i would just try to relax
  • Options
    @Catlady220 ive BD’d just in case my bracelet is right (it’s still saying I ovulate today) 
    but I’ve input the bbt it has registered into premom and ff and premom is saying I am currently 2dpo? 
    Please see charts- I don’t do these apps so not sure what I’m looking at! 

• Options
    @Catlady220 oh and no, that green one I posted yesterday was from CD11. It was the rogue one I did so I hasn’t tested before that and since then every line has gotten lighter, so hats why I suspect I missed seeing the peak and that opk maybe was just after the peak
  • Options
    @Chloe888 it can mean pregnancy, as I used one just to see after finding out and it was positive. Obviously you'd need to do a pregnancy test, but it can mean that sometimes :)
  • Options
    @Chloe888
    LH can take a while to track down following ovulation. You can also get fluctuating levels after and that is normal. 
  • Options
    RiaMushk said:
    @Catlady220 ive BD’d just in case my bracelet is right (it’s still saying I ovulate today) 
    but I’ve input the bbt it has registered into premom and ff and premom is saying I am currently 2dpo? 
    Please see charts- I don’t do these apps so not sure what I’m looking at! 

Correction.. 3dpo!
  • Options
    @RiaMushk I think most people use Premom for their OPK tests but use Fertility Friend for BBT tracking. Generally what you should find is that your temperature is higher in the second half of your cycle. It goes up after ovulation has occurred and then FF confirms ovulation by putting crosshairs on the graph. You need 3 days of higher temps for it to confirm ovulation. By the look of your graph it doesn’t appear you’ve ovulated yet. Do you take your temp at the same time everyday? For BBT to be accurate, you need to take it as soon as you wake up (before you get up/have a drink etc) and you need to have had at least 4 hours uninterrupted sleep. My chart this month looks a bit odd but I’ve attached last month’s for you to see. It rose the day after ovulation (ovulated CD16). Once I had my third day of higher temperatures it added the red lines on the chart. Before I did this I thought I ovulated around day 13 as I usually have fairly short cycles (25-27 days). My temp dropped back below the line (called the cover line) the day before AF arrived. This is normal, although for some people it drops after AF has started.

So basically, you need it to rise to confirm ovulation and stay high. If it drops back below the line it usually indicates AF is on the way. Hope that all makes sense. I’ve only been using premom and fertility friend for 2 months now but I understand a lot more already. The ladies on here helped me to understand what to look out for, including @Catlady220, and I’m sure she’ll be happy to help as well, or adjust if I’ve got anything wrong 
  • Options
    Thanks girls for all your comments ! Think I was just been too optimistic I'll wait till next Sunday and try not to test as af due then and see what happens ! Its so hard not to symptom spot little things xx