Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A new getting to know each other post...

2»

Replies

• Options
    Hi Ladies

another scot here, i'm Jules i'm from South Lanarkshire near glasgow & a former yayw bride & faithful stalker of both yayw & be. i'm 26 hubby is 27 we married in june & plan to ttc start of 2011 so only 12mths or so to go finally. we are holding off as trying to do a few things in the house & sort out finances a bit. however a few months ago i had some bad news about my folate levels (folic acid) and have to take ultra strong stuff to try & raise it, have a blood problem that is a concern but hopefully a healthy pregnancy & baby will follow.

I have been broody as hell for years but since the whole u cannot get pregnant as opposed to chosing not to i have become a tad obsessive. hubby is being all weird at the mo as he is concerned about me getting il but i'd rather have 9 bad months than no baby. so we'll see what happens

have own our own home a 3 bed one so loads of room, we have a cocker spaniel & 7 bunnies they are my babies.

j x
  • Options
    Hello everyone

I love this post, how great to meet you all! I'm also a YAYW addict but seem to have moved across to lurking here recently. My YAYW name is quite distinctive though, and for the moment I want to keep our plans under wraps so I'm still to Babysteps on here for the moment, hope you don't mind.

I'm 33 and my hubbie is 45...we got married this year after 7 years together. We both work full time in OK jobs, money wise we are OK, not rich by a lot of people's standards but we have enough. We have one very spolit cat ;0)

I'm sudddenly very very broody, friends all seem to be having or had babies and I just want to be a Mum so badly! We are upsi at the moment and I'm taking folic acid. I'm trying not to get overly worried about ttc just take it as it comes xx
  • Options
    Hi I'm AJ 27and a mummy to one wonderful little boy whos nearly 16 months and into everything!!

I posted on here a while ago and have been nosing for days. I finished my pill on sunday so will hopefully have a proper period by end of jan and then we'll be seeing how we go. Feeling a bit nevous of it all as we're moving house next month and not sure I'm quite 'ready' or how well the age differnece we'll work but then I'm not sure there ever a perfect age gap!! Its always gonna be hard work imo. Hubby assures me it will be fine and he's older than me so feels a bit more pressue time wise. x
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Abi and this is my first post (although I've been hovering around for a while, especially when I should actually be working.......like now!). It's really good to hear that I'm not the only one who suffers from serious broodiness lol!!!!

Am very very broody at the moment, although currently live in a 2 bed flat with my hubbie, which is the only thing holding us back having a baby now!!! We should have enough of a deposit to put our flat up for sale in Feb 2010 so will finish my last strip of Pills this month and will hopefully be trying in Feb (we did initially plan to leave it a little longer but I can't wait anymore!!!!!!!) :\)
  • Options
    forgot to add - I'm 20 at the end of the month and hubbie is 23
  • Options
    Just to let you know I've changed my user name - I used to be MrsClayton (maybe too obvious if anyone I know is on here lol)
  • Options
    hello.
    I am Nikki (28), been married to Neil for just over a year and we have a daughter (Abigail) aged almost 8 months. We are hopefully going to start UPSI for number 2 in the new year (was going to be Feb/March - but I think it has been moved forwards).

I am still on Mat leave from work as a supervisor for a child protection charity (better not say their name as they have scary/big brother software - and will probably find this post!) but I dont think I will go back, and will just find another job once we have had all the babies and got them in school/nursery (my word that sounds like a long way off!)

Think thats all there is to say about me, dont have much of a life besides Neil and Abby! image

Nx