Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pain!! Question for those who've had their twins?

Hi ladies,

I'm 24 weeks with non-id twin girls. I'm really suffering with pain (like a constant bad ache) in my chest and back as one little girl has her feet stuck in my ribs and won't move!! It's been like this for two weeks. It's been so uncomfortable to sit down and i've been more comfortable stood up but NOW it's both and it's agony. Sleeping is becoming harder to and I wake up about 4/5 times a night in pain.

I've tried paracetamol but it doesn't work. Midwife said I might be able to take cocadamol but that usually knocks me out.

Did anyone else suffer from this and did it get better or is it just gonna get worse?! cos not sure I can cope with it at the mo!! I'm in so much pain. :\(

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2692/269256.png

Replies

• Options
    Hi

Big hugs first of all as i know how you feel im not sure if i read your post correctly are you saying it also hurts under the ribs it just without worrying you can i just check that you have had a urine test recently its just the pain under ribs can be a sign of pre eclampsia and its how mine started and its more common in multiple first time pgs.

My back became so bad i was offered crutches in the end as i was struggling to walk then about 29 weeks they moved and then the pain got less, as they start to engage it should become easier, have you been offered to see the maternity physiotherapist? you shd be referred and they can give you coping stratergies etc that made it easier for me. good luck hope it gets better

xxDBxx
  • Options
    Yes it hurts under my ribs but i've had a urine test and blood pressure recently and that is all fine so don't think it's pre eclampsia (just yet anyway!).....

I think my midwife is referring me for physio but she said it can take weeks even a month to get an appointment so I was a bit gutted when she said this cos obviously suffering so much now!

I really hope like you, it gets easier!

Thanks for the reply. Gonna steel my mum's blood pressure monitor and keep an eye on myself just in case.

xx
  • Options
    I had constant rib pain too, i also carried non id girls and had all 4 feet up there kicking me as my girls were both head down from 24wk, im sorry to say for me it never got better/worse, just there all the time. x
  • Options
    thanks for the replies ladies. At the moment it's just getting worse but in a strange way i'm getting used to it.... oh well! It will be worth it I hope!! image

xx

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2692/269256.png