Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Found out today we're expecting twins...

Hasn't really sunk in yet that it is twins...

I thought i'd say hi thou, not sure what else to say really.
We're currently 11 weeks with non-identical twins.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hey hun. Replied in pregnancy but just wanted to say hi. Im 19 + 5 with id boys. R u planning on finding out what youre having? Have you been booked to see a consultant yet? I had my first scan and consultant app at 12 weeks, another at 16 weeks and have my next scan and consultant app tomorrow for my 20 week scan, although Ill be 19 + 6. Then I have them fortnightly, although it might be different in other parts of the country or if they are non id.

Congratulations hunny xxx

Gemma and Double Blue Bump 19 + 5
  • Options
    Hi Gemma

I think we will find out make it easier to plan a bit more advance, i suppose more so as their non-identical.

Haven't been booked under a consultant yet the scan today was an emergancy one as i'd had some bleeding so i guess we'll find out more at the 12 week one in 1.5 weeks.

It hasn't really sunk in yet we're still trying to work out how we're going to "fit" them in to the house!!

Lilac* 11 W (twins)
  • Options
    Hi Gemma

I think we will find out make it easier to plan a bit more advance, i suppose more so as their non-identical.

Haven't been booked under a consultant yet the scan today was an emergancy one as i'd had some bleeding so i guess we'll find out more at the 12 week one in 1.5 weeks.

It hasn't really sunk in yet we're still trying to work out how we're going to "fit" them in to the house!!

Lilac* 11 W (twins)
  • Options
    Congratulations hun and welcome to twins, triiplets and more. As i say to everyone the girls here are all really nice and any questions i am sure one of us will be able to answer or try and help.

Congrats again and dont worry it will sink in eventually

Sarah x mum to 11 month non id girls and 2 year old
  • Options
    Congrats!! Another twin mummy!! You will find a way to fit them in, we've got a tiny house and have managed!

I'm 37+5 today and being induced tomorrow. (non-id girls) so nervous but excited at the same time!

If you would like to add us on Facebook send me or Gemmiebaby an email? Gemmiebaby started a twin mummy group on there. It's a good place to ask loads of twin questions and share twin experience!

xx
  • Options
    many congrats and welcome to twins triplets and more!!
    its fab on this forum, everyone is lovely! ask as many questions as you want and we will all tryh to help!! i am still learning too!
    love xlittlemissx
    23 weeks with id twins!
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm 32+2 with non id boys and this forum is a god send! I didn't have a consultant appuntil 20 weeks and still haven't been told any info,everything I know is from my own research/ladies on here. Just to warn you that if your care is as crap as mine has been you are better off researching stuff yourself!

Anyway,congrats again

Kay 32+2 xx
  • Options
    Hi ya im still so pleased youve got twins, it was the avatar!

Ive got one of the older sets on here now my id boys are nearly 2 1/2 and i really think twins is a blessing. People are often negative but it must be wonderful as ive gone on to have another baby and im pg again.

My big advice is to look into local twin clubs, lots of areas have them and ive found them to be really useful esp the twins antenatal day as labour is so different when you have twins.

As the others said any questions please ask and we will try hard to answer them

xxDBxx
  • Options
    congratulations,its the best news when they say your having twins isnt it! ive got a 2 year old boy and 24wk old twins (boy and girl) so welcome.....welcome and welcome

sarah
  • Options
    hi there just seen your post i havent been on for a few days

Double congratulations lol

i didnt find out i was having twins till my 12 week scan and she said to me 'do twins run in the family' and i knew as soon as she said that. im 20 weeks now exactly with non-id boy and girl still cant believe it sometimes i keep sayin to my lo who's 20 months old about his brother and sister and still sounds strange but im really excited i'll have another scan at 28,32, and 36 weeks so its even more exciting that we get to see the babies more like gemmiebaby said too i depends where about in the country you to how many scans you get and how many appointments you get

good luck and keep us updated lol

mummy dube
    http://lbdf.lilypie.com/Fhv9p1.png

• Options
    Congratulations lilac, and well done. Thats fantastic news. I remember you from the TTC forum when i was trying for my last baby who is now 6 months old already. xxx
  • Options
    congratulations!
    my twins are 1 - and i have a daughter who's 3.

mine are non id - and totally different in every way you can imagine!

good luck with your twice as nice pregnancy!!!!
  • Options
    I have non id boys aged 17mths.
    Twins Rock !
  • Options
    Hi did twins run in your family?? I would really love twins i already have a 2 year old boy
  • Options
    We do have twins on both sides but quite a few generations away. Ours was mainly due to having fertility treatment.

Xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    oh ok thanks for your reply and a double congrats x x x