Forum home› Babies› Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When were you non id's born?

I've read that the average twin preg length is 37 weeks but I'm interested to know when you delivered,and if there was a reason if it was early etc. Just to try and prepare myself! Also,do hospitals have a standard weight at which they allow premmies home or is it just when they start gaining nicely?

Thanks!

K 18+3 xx

Replies

• Options
    hello,my boy and girl was born at 31wks and they didnt give me a reason why they were so early,the hospital told us it didnt go on weight when there allowed home it went on
    been able to sleep in a cot (they did have to be a certain weight to go in a cot)
    establish there own temp'
    wake up for demand feeding
    and put on weight
    it took jack and charlotte 5wks for them to be happy with them to be allowed home and now there coming up to 10wks,how the time flys

sarah
  • Options
    Hi...

My non id boys were born at 34 weeks exactly.. My waters broke but nothing else happened... They were born by c-section within 3 hours of getting to hospital... We stayed in for 12 days...

Good luck... Keep them in there for as long as possible...

Sara x
  • Options
    My non id girls were born at 36+6 but my hospital said they'd let me go to 38wks, but i was induced due to growth reasons, however the growth turned out to be fine! x
  • Options
    Hi my girls were born at 33 +4 and were in hospital for 3 weeks, they are 8 months today!!
    My consultant used to say to me a day in the tummy is a week in the incubator. xx
  • Options
    Hi my were born at 38+5 by elective section - reckon I would of gone to full term as not a sign of them coming!!!
  • Options
    Hi my were born at 38+5 by elective section - reckon I would of gone to full term as not a sign of them coming!!!
  • Options
    That's what I was wondering chales,I know they are slightly less risky because of the seperate placenta etc but I wasn't sure if they still tended to come early. I don't think my body would make it to 40 weeks! I'm just crossing my fingers that I go to 35ish weeks. Thanks for the replies ladies. xx K 19 today
  • Options
    my boys were born at 31+3 weeks no reason why woke in labour and had twin 1 Milo about 2 hrs later and twin 2 Max 3 hours after that they stayed in SCBU for 5 weeks. They are now 25 weeks 16 corrected and doing well. Not 100% suer if they ID or Non ID, think ID????

Mummy to Luke 18 1/2 months Max and Milo 25 weeks.
  • Options
    Soda,I know what you mean! I did read that there's still a chance of DC/DA's being id but I haven't a clue how you'd tell until they were older! Mind you,unless I have a boy and girl I may not be able to tell anyway lol. Glad everyone's babies are doing well though,nice to hear it when there's a higher risk. x
  • Options
    Hi!

My twind were born at 32 weeks after I developed pre-eclampsia. They were only in special care for three weeks, allowed to go home as soon as they were feeding and maintaining their temperature.
  • Options
    At my hospital they are happy to let healthy twin non id pgs to go full term, they induce you at 40 weeks i no a few mums who have gone 40+2 but tbh I have no idea how they cope i would have demanded they got them out of there by then lol

xxDBxx

(I went to 35 exactly but id, I think my body just cldnt get any bigger and they had to come out we were in 2 weeks think i cld have come out sooner but weight gain was v gradual but i was bfeeding x)
  • Options
    My twins (girl and boy) were 28 days early and we had to stay in hospital for 9 days but that was only because Lillie was small (3lb 13) and had to wait until she was feeding properly and could maintain her own temperature, Jack weighed 5lb 11 and could have gone home after a couple of days but we both stayed in until Lillie was ready to come home image x