Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Best Car to buy

Hi everyone! I have only just found out that I am expecting twns and it has very nicely tied in with the need to upgrade our car. We also have a 2 yar old so will have to fit 3 car seats in the back. Does anyone have any advice on cars as far as good boot size, adequate room in the back for 3 car seats etc?

Thanks heaps!

Replies

• Options
    Yes I know of 3 cars that seat 3 car seats in back...

1. Vauxhall Zafira
    2. Citroen Picasso
    3. Renault Scenic

I have had no.1 and 3 and tested a 2, lol.

Boots are great for double prams. x
  • Options
    I have a Scenic 04 plate and I LOVE it. Have always had Renaults so a bit biased but I do love the Scenic...and it has LOADS of room!

Gemma, Ryan and Alfie 14 + 4
  • Options
    Hubby has got the Auto trader striaght out to have a look! He has some way to being covinced about a people carrier poor man!!
  • Options
    We have a honda CRV that fits our 2 maxi cosi car seats for the twins plus their isofix bases plus a carseat/booster thing for our 4yr old.

Boots massive too fitting in our icandy pear frame plus to carrycots and still room for shopping.

Hubby was the same as yours and would not buy a people carrier as he wanted something a little.....manly/hard/sporty i don't know but he had to have it!

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/JVp5m12.png

• Options
    I can't advise on this cos no idea but thought it would be quite funny to tell you that I have 7 month old twins and a 3 door corsa!! God I struggle but i'm stuck with it! haha.

My OH has a 5 door but I hate driving it cos it's a tank!

Good luck in your car search! oh and congrats!! xx
  • Options
    i have the zafira for my twins and their sister who is 2 and a half years older.

its great - and the boot is MASSIVE!

i can easily get in the double buggy + little darlings scooter + the weeks shopping form asda!!!!
  • Options
    Sorry it has taken ages to thank you all - my Internet hasn't been working. Thanks for your help - it's really useful. We have been to Available Car with a couple of car seats to try a few and it's amazing how limited you are when you need to get three car seats in.

That is helpful about the Zafira as a freind of mine has one with only 2 kids and said she wasn't sure she'd get a third. I'll have to have a proper good look at one I think.

Hubby is loving the idea of a Honda CRV - after only just convincng him that he will not get away with an estate!!