Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Gemmiebaby

Hi

So pleased to see after all your scares your holding in there, how are you feeling??

big hugs and ive missed you

xx

Replies

• Options
    Im so glad to see you back. Ive really missed talking to you...there arent many people on here who know what this twin malarky is all about!

Definitely holding on. Really chuffed that ive got them to 36 weeks (well, tomorrow!) as theyve really grown in the last few weeks. They measured them last Thursday and they were estimiated at 4.4lb and 4.6lb so good chance theyll be bigger than 5lb by the section Monday. Have my steroids booked for the weekend. Had a midwife appointment today and she measured my tummy, for the first time ever(!), and it was 45cm so already measuring 10 weeks ahead!

Things have been much easier towards the end, now on iron and my back is killing me, but all part and parcel I think!!

How are you? I was really worried as the last thing I read was that you were having problems with dizziness. Good to see youre back home (without the dodgy spacebar!) and doing ok. Hope youre feeling better and youve been looked after.

Lots of Love and Really pleased to have you back xxx
  • Options
    You have done so well getting so far, 36 weeks is so often considered term for twins, how come you are having steroids?,

The weights sound good, 5lb 5 is the magic number, they say the nearer to that the better, i managed to get one of my boys over that mark.

what have you got planned for your last weekend as a couple??

xx
  • Options
    Our hospital's policy is that any birth before 38 weeks is treated with steroids. Im not worried too much as im sure it can only help, and definitely wont harm. Just not looking forward to them!

Im really hoping they are 5lb. Theyve stayed on the line for measurements all the way through so im hoping that theyve grown fat these last 2 weeks and that the weights were underestimated!!

Im so pleased to get to 36 weeks. All the way through it has seemed like the magic number and im there!!

Unfortunately, the life of a chef means that I dont actually see hubby over the weekend!! We did go out last Monday (he has Monday and Tuesday off). It was nice to spend some time just us, knowing we could leave the house in minutes, rather than taking hours! lol!

How are you? Are you feeling better? I hope youve been well looked after. xxx
  • Options
    i forgot your dh's hours were as bad as my dh, its no fun is it. well i hope you are enjoying your last days of selfishness, having twins is the best thing in the world but its good to enjoy the last minute of just being you, and putting you first.

cant really believe that its all happening monday, will be thinking of you, have they given you a time?

xx
  • Options
    Not yet. I have to phone up Monday morning in case they have any emergencies. If not, it will be Mon am, if yes then Mon pm. My hospital do all their planned sections on a Monday so should have me set at a time unless something else bumps it. Have had first steroid injection. Was sore, as in it stung, but didnt really hurt. Just hope it does them some good as I would love to bring them home as soon as im ready.