Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

In shock - hello all

Just thought I would say hi to you all, have found out this morning I am expecting twins (DD 5/12/09) and am just speechless for once in my life.

I found out I was pregnant mid-March and then 2 weeks ago appeared to lose my baby, something came out of me that looked like a sac, but with no blood or pain and have continued to have pregnancy symptoms, getting worse by the day.

As I didnt know if I had miscarried or not, I was sent for early scan which was this morning. Really pleased but v shocked. Looks like it was originally triplets, but cannot be sad when I am still carrying two - feel very lucky (and also very scared!)

Jayne

Replies

• Options
    Congrats Jayne!!! Great news image
  • Options
    It will take some getting used to. We found out at 10 weeks, just over 3 weeks ago, and we still havent totally got used to the idea!

Congratulations xxx
  • Options
    Hey congrats and we will be sharing our pgs together (albeit im a singleton this time) as my edd is 13/12/09 tho appreciate you will deliver early.

BIG CONGRATS. whilst being scary it is also the best experience in the world, my id boys are now 2 and whilst it has been mad ive loved every minute.

ask anything and i will always try and help

xxDBxx

ps do you know what they are, id non id or was it too early to tell x
  • Options
    pps lol is your lovely avatar a piccy of your lo if so how old? sorry am sooo nosey lol
  • Options
    Congratulations to you! You will love it on this forum - everyone is so caring and supportive.
  • Options
    Congratulations Jayne!

Do you know what type of twins you are carrying?

Wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Usually one of us twin mummies can help!!

A
    31+4 ID twins
  • Options
    congratulations,i found out when i was 7wks so i had a little longer to get used to it,now my twins are nearly 18wks and iam still shocked :lol: its the best feeling having twins so heres to a healthy pregnancy,ive had a boy and a girl

sarah
  • Options
    Hi hun - congrats and welcome!!

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2692/269256.png

• Options
    Wow - so many replies - don't feel like I am on my own now (my husband hasn't spoken for two days - he is in shock still)

I don't know yet if they are identical or not, I should find out at the 12 week scan, is that right? I don't mind either way, or whether they are identical or not - I will take them as they come!

The baby in the photo is my 18 month little girl Emily - life sure is going to get interesting.

Look forward to sharing all our experiences together!
  • Options
    Awwwwwww so many new twin mummies, i too am a twin mum to non id 10month twin girls.

Sorry CONGRATULATIONS, how rude of me lol!!

Everyone is really nice here, so fire away with any questions!!

xx
  • Options
    Yeah they will be able to tell you at your 12 week scan hun. If they are non-identical they will have seperate placentas. (this usually runs in the family). If identical, they will share a placenta and this isn't family related - it's just luck!

Mine are non-identical as they are in seperate sacs and have their own placentas. There are twins in my Dad's side of the family.

My oh was in shock for a few months I think! But he can't wait now image xx
  • Options
    Yep, as Snowangel says, they will be able to tell you at your 12 week scan. Mine are identical so are prone to slightly more complications than non-ID. Either way, you'll get to see your babies loads as they'll keep a really close eye on your all.

How exciting!!!xx
  • Options
    Same here. Mine are identical - totally random - none in family anywhere as far as we can tell. Non Identical end to have fewer issues, although will still be closely monitored, as non-id is like simply having 2 pregnancies at the same time. Im being scanned every 2 weeks from 16 weeks, unless theres a problem, then they'll scan even more often.

Twins was a complete surprise for us. Hubby has taken it better than me. The ladies on here have really helped me to come to terms with it and start to think about enjoying it.

Gemma 14 + 1 with id twins xxx
  • Options
    PS - if you want to add any of us on facebook email us! I've got quite a few twin mummy friends on there. We should start a twin group :lol:

Email me, and let me know your name and i'll add you. Or I'll tell you my name and you can add me.

xx

xx
  • Options
    Oooh add me on facebook everyone! Its Jayne Cowan, Newcastle network - pic is close up, dark hair..... can't wait to see pics of you all and your twins and twins to be xx
  • Options
    Hey hun...have sent you a message (i think). There doesnt seem to be a Jayne Cowan in the Newcastle Network though...im Gemma Steward
  • Options
    Think I've added you hun
  • Options
    I think i've added you too if I've got the right Jayne Cowan! It doesn't say the network.... x
  • Options
    Congratulations. I have just added and messaged you on FB. So many new twin mummies - its all exciting. i am a twin mum to non id 15 week old girls.

I always said I would like twins (My late father was a twin) so I was delighted when I got the news at ealy 6 week scan (My OH was shocked). As one fellow mum said God knew we would be great mums so he blessed us with two.

look forward to getting to know you x

xx
  • Options
    Congratulations. I have just added and messaged you on FB. So many new twin mummies - its all exciting. i am a twin mum to non id 15 week old girls.

I always said I would like twins (My late father was a twin) so I was delighted when I got the news at ealy 6 week scan (My OH was shocked). As one fellow mum said God knew we would be great mums so he blessed us with two.

look forward to getting to know you x

xx