Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

35 weeks and fit to pop!

hello guys
i'm now 35 weeks and my stomach is so-ooooo stretched it feels like i could POP! I am going for another scan on 6th june... do you reckon my consultant will induce me if i cry?
i am eating curry and fresh pineapple for dessert - but my stubborn twins are not coming out! i have ordered some raspberry leaf tea offa the net too - as i am hoping that will work!!!!! (didn't try it in my last pregnancy - its worth a go) S.E.X didn't work either, damn it!
my mate thinks i should go for a 2 mile walk. but as i have spd even 2 yards is too painful for words....
i so want to not be preggers now!!!!!!!!!!!
please all think positive thoughts for me - and wish my twinnies out!

thay should be ok to be born by now surely!!!!!!

Replies

• Options
    don't worry crilly i was scanned at 34 weeks and they were 4lb2oz and 4lb9oz = 8lb12oz altogther!
    so they must be over 5lb each by now!

my last lo was 9lb 7oz when she was born - and i do feel heavier - and look bigger - so i am pretty confident thay are now over 10lb altogether....

they should be good weights - midwife said as i already proved i make big babies - i will do it again!

• Options
    aww hun i hope they don't stick in too much longer for you!! how strange, normally multiple mums are praying their babes WON'T come out lol... but your's should be ok now xxx
    http://md.lilypie.com/8oxBp1/.png

http://m1.lilypie.com/VqBsp1/.png

• Options
    hello susie bean and the three mini beans!
    on tha labour and birth forum someone just told me i need to eat about 10 fresh pineapples at once for an effect...
    just poppping to asda!!!!!!
    lol
    ;)
  • Options
    oh bunty i just woke skyler up cos i was giggling too loudly!! lol he doesn't like to miss a joke
    sorry to be rude but i got this image in my head of you literally eating 10 pineapples all at once, with a hamster mouth and the leafy bits sticking out your mouth!! LOL it looked hilarious! i have an overactive imagination i think!!
    is your consultant a guy or girl?? if its a guy you could say that the pain you're feeling from not giving birth yet is comparable only to the pain he will feel when your foot connects with his groin if he refuses to induce you... you never know, it could work!! xxx
    http://md.lilypie.com/8oxBp1/.png

http://m1.lilypie.com/VqBsp1/.png

• Options
    hiya all!

guess what i never had to eat all thoose pineapples like a cartoon version of myself Sussie Bean!
    as i woke up on friday(3am) with mild contractions... then i was typing this thread on the net about wanting to pop...
    my lo went to the zoo w her nan and grand - so i went to bed thinking if i sleep for an hour these braxcton hicks will go wawy. but iwoke up and they were stronger - so at 3pm i rang hospital who said come straight in.
    i got there by 4pm and they confirmed my contractions were actual!!! i started steroid injections to get the lungs maturerer on my twins - and THEN - they decided to stay put!!!!!!!!

anyway i was admitted and the next day had high boold pressure stuff in my blood up by 2 (urillayic something?) and was kept in till 4pm today (sunday).

i am now home on good behaviour to have a sleep in me own bed and go back tomorrow am with my hospital bag in car - they might readmit me in the morning.......depending on my wee samples and bloods taken tomorrow.

midwives say i shd try to keep these twinnies in till 38 weeks (thats 2weeks and 2 days now) so maybe my dietary habits shd be curbed just for a whileimage and they think they will both weigh about 5lb 10 oz at birth!!!!that will be fine won't it crilly - don't worry about worrying me - i'm one of them 2nd time moms who cannot be ruffled now! my 9lb 7oz singleton birth was so horrific that nothing can scare me!!!!!

the steroids i have been having have given me a lovely sunburned glow...
    i am red as a beetroot guys - even my palms are bright red!!!!!!!!!!!

i will let you know how i get on, and hopefully you will all be doing great too!

see you soon, x
  • Options
    hi
    i was in hospital at the day assesment unit yesterday from 11am untill 4 pm - as my twins would not meet criteria for me to go home all day.
    eventually i came out - but i am not sure thats a good thing now anyway! at least this week end if i felt a bit off i was near a midwife - now i am half an hour away at any time HELP!
    i have got pre-eclampsia now - had for the last week of my 1st pregnancy too - and i am getting mild contractions every ten minutes about 4times a day. I am so worried that i will not notice them going to full blown contractions - and not get to the hospital on time now.
    the midwife is meant to come out and see me every day for blood pressure and urine testing - and i spoke to her today -she is USELESS!
    she won't see me today as it means she will have to do over time - so i have to get to a surgery in town that i am not even registered with!
    arrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!