Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My baby may be scarred!!!

Hey girls,

I was in the solicitors office yesterday with my demons, when Gideon started to scream, I ran over to him and he had his hand on a hot pipe!!! I took him to the toilet and ran his hand under cold water, he was screaming and when I looked I saw his skin coming off...

I drove like a lunatic to casualty and they told me he may have to be transferred to Bristol for skin grafts!!! We waited for the plastic surgeon to come and see him, in the meantime he was given 2 doses of morphine (as he was in serious pain)...

In the end the surgeon removed all the skin from his left hand (palm and fingers) dressed his hand and we were sent home...

He is feeling ok (not that he can tell me but the crying has stopped)... We have to go back to hospital tomorrow, then ever other day for his dressings to be changed!!! Not looking forward to that...

Yes, before anyone asks, I am suing the solicitors as the pipe should've been covered or a sign warning against it... Gideon may need the money later in life if he has trouble with movement...

It broke my heart, I am supposed to protect my babies, not let them come to any harm!!!

Feeling very guilty...

Sara x

Replies

• Options
    oh gosh hun im gatecrashing but thats terrible you poor boy ...how old is he?? it sounds like a very very nasty burn poor baby ,i really hope he isnt too badly scarred its amazing how surgeons work these days xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Sara, dont feel guilty, its not your fault at all, children seem to be a magnet to danger and the pipes should have been covered. he is young and he may heal well and not scar but it is not your fault. Sending you hugs xxxxx
  • Options
    Awww don't feel guilty hun.... accidents happen! I feel guilty when mine get bumps on their heads so can imagine how you are feeling though.

Hope he gets better soon chick xx