Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

how soon did u feel your babies move?

how soon did u feel your babies move?im 17wks now with identical twins i don't always feel them and it all feels like one movement, i don't know if that is rite? i saw the midwife lastweek and there was 2 heart beats. she said if they babys are layed sertan away then i will not feel them. i have my scan on the 13,8,10 it can't come qwick enough,thank you xx

Replies

• Options
    I had anterior placenta and didnt feel them till I was at least 22 weeks!

Thats a long while to wait for a scan. I had identical twin boys and was scanned at 12, 16, 19, 21 weeks then every 2 weeks until I had a planned section at 36 + 2. How often are you having them?
  • Options
    hi gemmiebaby, i had one when i was 11wks then im booked to have my 20wk one then again at 24,28,32,34 so on so on until the babies r here i can't help but worry i have had for kids already and by now they have moved loads .been to the midwifes twice and she say there hearts r fine so everything is fine
  • Options
    Hi,
    I'm 29 weeks now with non id boys. Although I felt pops and flutters from about 16 weeks I didn't feel any kicks until i was about 22 / 23 weeks. This is my 3rd pregnancy and the latest I have ever felt the babies move. Try not to worry, it doesn't seem to uncommon.

I also think you should be having more scans, i'm having what you've listed above, but i'm sure a lot of ID twin pregnancies have a 16 week scan too. It may be worth asking your midwife, but as you're 20 week scan is getting nearer they may not do anything xx
  • Options
    i felt them from very early on,i think it was about 9wks-ish but it wasnt very often,when they got bigger,i would only feel one at a time,i was scared stiff becouse one would move all the time for about a week and i wouldnt get nothing from the other and then they would swap round,they liked to play games with me
  • Options
    Personally, I would question your scans!

Non Id scans should be every 4 weeks, but id scans should be every 2 from 20 weeks, due to the risk of TTTS, which doesnt occur in non id pregnancies.

Dont worry about not feeling them...as I said, I didnt feel mine for a good while!
  • Options
    I felt mine really early at 13 weeks but I was so sick that it was probably down to the fact I was loosing weight!!