Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi i'm Rachel i am 27 married and have 5 children including 4 month old twin girls. The twins r brill both sleep all night :\) Have been very lucky still can't believe they r all mine!!! would love to chat 2 other mothers. looking forward 2 speaking 2 u all!!! image

Replies

• Options
    Hey. I'm 24 and a first time mother to identical twin boys who are 10 weeks old. most nights they only wake once but now really looking forward to the first night that they sleep thru! had you always planned a big family? I would love 4 children but dh thinks 2 is the perfect number, currently trying to convince him otherwise. How old are your other 3 children? i couldnt imagine looking after other children as well as my boys but i bet it is all good fun. take care xx
  • Options
    I have 2 elder daughters 8&7 and a boy who is 3. i always planned on having 3 children but had an unexpected pregnancy after my little boy which ended in a misscarriage. since then we couldn't decide whether to try for another. we were very lucky and fell preg the first month. were very shocked when we had 12 week scan and there were 2!!! Thare r no twins in my family and i have non-identical twins which i have heard is hereditory. I think your oh may change his mind as they get older i think 3 years gap between is a lot easier as it is really hard potty training with a little baby 2 feed as well. Do u find it hard 2 tell ur babys apart?
  • Options
    only if i have a fleeting glance. they already are showing their personalitys and they cry differently. one has got cradle cap and that is how the rest of my family tell the difference, its beginging to clear up now so i think that they are going to have problems soon, how about you? are they different or do they look identical at the moment? were your girls prem?
  • Options
    My girls r so different Ellie has brown hair & eyes and Alicia has blonde & blue. They were born 27 Dec 12 days early, which is late 4 twins. I had to b induced in the end cuz they were so lazy. How was your preg and labour?
  • Options
    hey hope your good? hsvent been on for a few days as had 'flu and felt awful. im now up with one of the boys so think they are going down with it now bless them. Can't believe how far you went with your pregnancy was it a normal labour? my pregnancy was difficult and i was in and out of hospital. i went into labour at 32 weeks but they managed to hold it off till 35 exactly. i tried for a normal delivery (36 hours) but then developed pre eclamsia and had to have an emergency c-section under general. boys were good weights tho at 6lb 8oz and 4lb 15oz. how big were your girls?