Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

24 week scan results...

And it went almost perfect...

Both girls are the same size, and the same average size of a singleton baby as this stage (so I dont think they'll be small), they were in between the 97th and 98th centile (my consultant explained this, but hope i have worded it right?).

Little lady no. 1 is head-down - Yippppeee!
Little lady no. 2 is bum down - breach.

But with twin 1 down, fingers crossed it'll stay that way, I will be allowed a normal delivery - Yeah!

However here's the not so perfect bit... Twin 2 had full (dialted kidneys), on this scan, along with the same issue on the 20 wk scan, and it just means she will need closer monitoring, as there could be many reasons for it, like for instance a blockage of the tubes from the kidneys to the urethea (sp?) or some twisting of one, or some other organ pressing on one, or nothing at all even, it will be monitored now until birth and if they remain same upto birth she will need further tests when she is born. However i was told its quite a common thing to pick up on scans and its just noted now on my notes for closer monitoring and it does not endanger her life or will it mean I have to have her born earlier. So all in all its a wait and see situation.

And i got 2 lovely pics which i will upload later (ther on facebook already).

Next scan on 20th Nov at 28wks.

Em x

Replies

• Options
    Good news that twin 1 is head down - hope she stays that way for you and you can deliver naturally

I hope it all sorts itself out with twin 2.

Great that they are measuring up well . Hope all continues to go well for you x

I had a clinic check up yesterday but will post in seperate post