Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First movements and how big???

Just been wondering when you ladies all felt the first movements of your twins? I was so sure it happened just before 15 weeks, but haven't felt anything again. Also, do you remember if you were rerally big at around 16 weeks? It is just that I feel if another person asks how far I am, and then says, "You really are small for someone carrying twins", I think I am going to cry... It has got me really panicking. I saw my mw on thurs last week, and we def picked up the 2 beats. I see her again on tues, and go for a scan on wed, but I really don't know if I can hold out that long.

I was also expecting to be huge, but I have this neat bump in front of me (although I am happy with that). Just don't know if I should be a little worried???

Please help!!! Thanks Siobhan

Replies

• Options
    Hey first of all massive congrats at joining the multiples club xx as you may have read im a first time mum to identical boys. most of the other multiple mums i know have had non identical twins so its nice to talk to someone with identicals. I didnt feel any movement until 18 weeks when i felt 2 massive kicks and then nothing more until 20 weeks. the movements were not as strong as i was expecting and i was told that was because they did not have much room to move around. i never had hand or foot marks on my belly think they were too squashed to move

regards your bump size dont worry. i help out at a twins antenatat class and can never get over how much people differ. one mum had a tiny bump but delivered 2 healthy girls both weighing just under 6lb. I was however massive measuring 26 weeks when i was 16 weeks preggers but i had extra fluid around my boys.

if you have any questions about twins its my fav subject and i will try and help xx
  • Options
    Thanks doublebubble. I think I am just overly paranoid with these babies. Even more so with the fact that the doctor mentioned the ttts. Just don't think I could go through losing anymore babies.

With regards to identicals, How did you find it in the beginning with telling them apart, as this is mine and my hubbies biggest worry.

Glad to have found someone that knows alot on the subject, as still have loads to find out. Thanks xx
  • Options
    Firstly the paranoia is def normal with id twin pg esp after your past. I lost a little girl at 16 weeks (cause unknown we named her memphis) I didnt stop worrying until my boys born, i was so worried i didnt start buying things until i was 30 weeks and they arrived b4 nursery was ready as i cldnt face having stuff if i lost them. xx

Regards telling them apart everyone apart from my husband and i struggle. We were in hospital for the first 2 weeks and they had name bands on so to begin with we could cheat and look if we wernt sure. but i cldnt believe how quickly we started to notice differences between them, they cry differently althouugh the differences are subtle i can tell by the way they start to cry or cough,and their faces look different to me and dh even if they dont to everyone else. xx
  • Options
    I was reading somewhere today that your height makes a difference - if you are tall then there is more room for them to stretch out vertically rather than forcing their way out in front!
  • Options
    Only 5ft4, so not that tall at all. I am just the paranoid type. I keep thinking I should get hold of a doppler, but then imagine what I'd do if I could only find the one heartbeat? Husband says it probably isn't a good idea, and for once I have to agree with him on this one...