Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

g/c advise on breech twin?

hi girls

sorry in g/c.

my cousin is 21 weeks pg with twins and saw the midwife today who said 1 twin was breech, although she knows there is loads of time for the baby to move she was wondering if there was anything she can do later on in the pg to get the baby to move? the midwife told her if the twin was still breech at term she would have to have a c - section and she really wanted to have a vaginal birth.

so just wondering anyone knows?? also i know the down on all 4's thing to try and move a singleton but if she did that would that affect the other baby??

any advice would be greatfully recieved xx

Replies

• Options
    I dont know whether it was just me but nothing I did moved my breech twin! He turned breech at 28 weeks and was born by section still breech at 36 weeks!

Sorry hun xxx
  • Options
    One of my girls was breech until about 25 weeks. I didn't try to turn her though, she turned on her own.
    I think, even with effort, it's quite hard to get a twin to turn once they get bigger as they just don't have the space. I guess the risk of getting on all fours/ bouncing in a birthing ball etc. to get the breech twin to turn could have the opposite effect on the other twin!!!

Sorry not to be much help! xx
  • Options
    ah thanks girls thats what i thought! i'll tell her to cross her fingers that the baby moves.

thanks again x