Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

weight gain with twins

hi girls!

i am just wondering how much weight you put on with twins.

i will be 30 weeks on thursday and so far have only put 1 stone and 1lb on! i have actually lost 1.5lbs since last week! i am eating pretty normal, apart from maybe i do pick a bit with my main meals as just never fancy eating full meals, but i am snacking miles more than before i was pregnant.

i am having scans every 2 weeks and everything is fine with both babies, they are measuring correctly.

my bump was measuring 32 weeks when i was 28 weeks, which is smaller than i thought too!

i am sure i am worrying about niothing, but just honestly thought i would be huge!!
xx

Replies

• Options
    I put on nearly 2 stone. When I was 30 weeks I had put on a stone and a half and was measuring 40 weeks. I wouldn't worry too much. You may find you balloon in a couple of weeks as the babies will start putting down fat from about 32 weeks. xxx
  • Options
    they say that weight gain for a singleton should be about 1.5 stone and for twins no more than 2.5 stone so id say you were doing fine at 30 weeks ( cant believe you are that far!!!)

I put on 6stone, image but def dont reccommend that

xxDBxx
  • Options
    i think i put on 2-3 stone,one week i think i put on 4lb i nearly dropped throw the floor with the shock :lol: lucky for me though i did lose all the weight with in 2 wks after they were born but that was due to me expressing my milk and running back and forth to the hospital going to see them

sarah
  • Options
    It will probably shoot up over the next few weeks hun as I was around the same at 30 weeks. By the time i'd reached 38 weeks I'd gained a total of 3 stone. Which for twins is apparently not much as single pregnancies as usually around this! (My friend who was due a few days ago has put on 3st5 with one!)

Don't worry about it though hun, everyone is different remember image

xx