Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Dotty Jackie

Hi There,
Thanks for your reply our stories seem so similar and your scan picture looks almost exactly the same as mine, i had another scan yesterday i am now 12+3 and after the initial shock at the first scan i was so excited to see both healthy babies i actually felt like they were mine (lol).
Like yourself we have no real history of twins on either side, i also have an older son he was 14 when my baby boy was born and i can honestly say hes been such a help not sure hes gonna be so over the moon with another two though!! I'm sure your son will be just as helpful as mine!!!!!!!!!
I don't have to have another scan until i'm 20 weeks and i will also meet the consultant to discuss the pregnancy etc, we have decided to find out what they are i didn't find out with my other two and part of me would like to have the suprise again but i feel that i need to be uber organised so we will be finding out, Hubby thinks its one of each but i think its two boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to find out?
take care
Lenniex

Replies

• Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for the fao, I keep forgetting to pop in this forum, I don't think the fact it's twins has sunk in yet!! I've got my official 12 week scan on Wednesday, I'll be 12+1 so we're not far apart at all!! I also see my consultant on Thursday this week so i'll find out about extra scans. I think they offer scans at 16 weeks for ID twins, but there's less risk with non ID so 20 weeks should be fine. I know my son is itching to help out, although he has said he doesn't do nappies. I'm looking forward to him being a big brother. I lost my 2nd son at 27 weeks last year and my son Cole was devastated, just got to keep our fingers crossed that all goes to plan this time around. We're going to find out, if it had been one we would have waited, but like you say we need to be organised. It's going to cost a fortune! My OH is convinced i'm having 2 girls, i suffered terrible morning sickness when i carried both my boys and this time it's actually quite mild. I would love 2 boys, but honestly i'll be happy with what i get. I'll let you know how my scan goes and try to post a picture, looking forward to going through the next 6 months or so.
    Jackie xx