Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Doublebubble

Hi DB I don't get upset at being called Twinny but it does really annoy me. It's other people's ignorance I suppose! They think that we are the same people. Even at 28 years old. I am now so used to being called my sister's name that I respond to both my own name and her's!

I am ridiculously close to her we were both pregnant last year and had new babies within weeks of eash other which was really special. Our kids are now really close as well. Strangers comment on our kids and think that they are brothers & sisters which is sweet. On the flip side we also know how to really wind wind each other up so when we fall out we fall out bad. Our arguments are legendary. This was when we were younger. :roll: Suppose all siblings can be like this

About nursery classes - I was in the same class as my sister all the way till end of high school. I loved having her in my class although once I got to high school I was wishing that they would split us up but didn't. Don't really know what to recommend for this. Different twins have different experiences. I know that some school split twins up as policy and others don't. Personally I wouldn't till they were older

Phew.....hope I have answered all your questions! If you have any more I don't mind trying to answer them. Do you have boys or girls? How old? xx

Replies

• Options
    Thanks i really do appreciate that, I think i probably worry about it all more than is necessary lol.

Ive got twin boys who are coming up to 2 1/2, and a baby boy who is 9 months and im 15 weeks pregnant, so probably they will be more concerned of being part of a large family. I think this is also part of the reason i want to help their indivdual personalities develop.

Did you have any problems with speech as a child, my boys speech is very poor, they understand lots and can string sentances together but the prounonciation is really weak, if you didnt know them you wouldnt understand them which they find really frustrating.

Would you like to have twins? and if you could choose to just be sisters and not twins would you?

thanks again

xxDBxx
  • Options
    Hi DB I don't know if we had any speech problems, certainly not that I know of. My brother did but that was due to problems with his ears that went undetected until he was 3-4 years old.

I came from a family of 4 - us girls being the oldest. I loved having a big family. It was always fun, lots to do and we are all still really close .

I don't think that I would like twins myself. Maybe if I didn't have other children. If given the choice I would stay a twin. It's so special and can't describe how truly wonderful it is. xx
  • Options
    Hi DB I don't know if we had any speech problems, certainly not that I know of. My brother did but that was due to problems with his ears that went undetected until he was 3-4 years old.

I came from a family of 4 - us girls being the oldest. I loved having a big family. It was always fun, lots to do and we are all still really close .

I don't think that I would like twins myself. Maybe if I didn't have other children. If given the choice I would stay a twin. It's so special and can't describe how truly wonderful it is. xx