Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning ARGHHHHHHH

ive started weaning and its a nightmare,by the time ive finished its 10:30ish i get daniel up,hes 2 years old,i give him his milk then i get Jack and Charlotte up and give them there milk,then i get daniels breakfast and give it him then after i give the twins breakfast so its about 10 when the twins get there breakfast,apart from getting up earlier,has anyone get any tips so its easier as poss' :lol:

sarah

Replies

• Options
    This might be a really stupid suggestion as I have absolutely no idea what having children is like yet (lol) but is there any way you could teach Daniel to feed himself his breakfast? That might save some time.

As I say, total novice a parenting so no idea!

Gemma and Double Blue Bump 22 + 3
  • Options
    he does feed himself but he makes that much of a mess that its quicker sometimes for you to do it,specialy if hes having weetabix or something equaly as messy :lol:

sarah
  • Options
    LOl know this routine only too well!! My girls still have brekkie at 10am as cannot manage any sooner so no advice but to let you know you are not alone. I am so unorganised anyway which is why i am about to sweep and mop my living room at this ridiculous hour!!!
  • Options
    oh thank god,its not just me then :lol:
  • Options
    Im weaning mine now too! Hard work! x
  • Options
    same problem for me here...
    and my little angel is 3 - she still cannot REALLY manage breakfast alone!!!!!
    my twins are 1 now - and i have started staggering breakfast.
    twin 1 has his between 6am - 7am
    twin 2 is woken up at 7 am - and gets hers
    3 year old is sung to and prodded awake at 8am.

then we are ready to get out of the house for 9.30 -and go to play group
    (i break a sweat though! lol)

we are training hard as 3 year old goes to school in september -and we need to get there ......

• Options
    I must be really organised boys (10 months) have bottle when they wake about 6-7am hubby gives luke (23 months) his bottle when he wakes 7ish then boys get fed at same time their porridge about 7.30-8am and Luke sits at his little table and eats his breakfast, or if he up later we eat together. Boys normally go back to sleep after breakfast about 8.30ish. I dont find weaning too hard just involve the older one with helping.