Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

C-SECTION - WHEN DID YOU KNOW

Hi, I'm due twins in August (but been told it will be July due to twins) and have already been told by the hospital that I'll have to have a c-section (previous medical condition). just wondered if anyone has had or is having a c-section and if so, when did they tell you what your delivery date would be?

thank you

Replies

• Options
    I was told I would have to have a c-section as that was my hospital's policy for identical twins. I contested it but, at my 28 week scan, Alfie had turned breach so they were dead against me going naturally. I asked at my 28 week appointment if they could give me a date and they booked me in there and then for 36 + 2 as they section id twins between 36 and 37 weeks at my hospital. I never expected to go that far but the boys held on until the section and were born at 36 + 2 on 5th October 2009.
  • Options
    I have ID twins too and my hospital also has a policy of c-sections. I got my date when I was 28 weeks and had the girls at 32+3

• Options
    I have non-identical twins and was told a c-section was likely but if I had a healthy pregnancy and got to 37 weeks I could try natural labour. Unfortunately, I developed pre-eclampsia and had an emergency section at 32 weeks.
  • Options
    My consultant has been keen for me to have a natural delivery right from the beginning (non-id). I've already done it once with my little girl so she knew my body would know how to do it. So the plan has always been that as long as baby one is head down, we go for it. Now here we are, 2 days away from induction with baby one completely engaged and ready to go. Baby two is transverse but should just follow along.
  • Options
    Ohhhh, good luck kkng!