Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Childcare

Does anyone have advice on the best childcare for twins. I have recently returned to work and Benjamin and Evie go to nursery for 3 days a week. They come home so tired and also with so many illnesses that I am seriously considereing getting a nanny to come to my home. Does anyone have experience of both or what works best?

Replies

• Options
    I am sending my two to a Childminder in April for 4 days a week. They are presently spending 5 hours twice a week with her to help them settle in. She has one other little girl aged 1 as well for 2.5 days. I choose a Childminder as I wanted a more homely atmosphere and felt a nursery was just a bit too crazy whilst they were so young (will probably take advantage of free child places when they are 3 though to help them get ready for school).

I looked at getting a nanny but the tax side is a pain as you have to sort out their NI AND TAX, You are responsible for maternity pay and redundancy, insurance etc and there was just too much paperwork involved.

I hope this helps.

Mrs WB - mum to Josh and Sophie 10 months
  • Options
    hi there im totally gatecrashing but if you are paying for childcare for 2 children a nanny might work out cheaper and of course they are there just for YOUR children ...i am a nursery nurse now but i was a nanny for a little while and it can work out ok paperwork wise if u use a company ...my employers used nannytax and i got my own nanny insurance and it worked out well i worked 8-6.30 mon to thurs and got ??998 gross a month which is considrably cheaper than nursery at ??146 per child per week hth a bit xxx