Forum home› Babies› Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

did you have a c-section or natural birth

ive been thinking about this alot,i know its early days but in my pregnancy book it says most of twin pregnancies have a c-section iam just wondering if this is true,did the doctors advice on a c-section or did you have a natural labour?

sarah
xx
http://bd.lilypie.com/sg4fp1/.png

Replies

• Options
    Hi
    I had my twins naturally, no mention of c-section. Was just told induction date and that was it. I was induced at 37 weeks because my hospital doesnt let ID twins go over that. If i really wanted a c-section at the time i could have asked for one.
  • Options
    thank you

sarah

• Options
    Im keen not to have a c-section either, I am praying already I dont have to go down this route image

Em 14+4
  • Options
    hi

ive had 5 natural deliveries so hoping these 2 will be natural .really want to avoid a c-section.

midwife and consultant seem keen for me to at least try neaturally and both head down at mo so hoping lol

mandy
    20+1
  • Options
    i guess its just a waiting game then to see how my 2 little beans are laying when it gets closer to the time.

sarah
    xx

• Options
    hi
    i had my twins induced as they had stopped growing at 38 weeks.
    i was in labour for 2 days with gas and air for pain relief.
    then i had an emergency c-section.
    my twins were interlocked (having a big cuddle)
    and so could not descend down the birth canal.
    for about 4 weeks after birth they remained all smooched up - but now at 9 weeks they seem to have seperated a little!

• Options
    Hi I had natural delivery just gas and air with non id girls, very quick labour waters broke at 4.30 am contractions started 5.30am and twin one was delivered at 6.43 twin 2 6.51 altthough 7 weeks early so think possibly quicker for that reason.

xx
  • Options
    I have asked for a natural birth with gas and air, and consultant fine with that obviously if it is really necessary will have c section. At the moment twin A is head down and twin B breach so hopefully they will stay that way.
  • Options
    hi

had check and twin 2 is now breech but twin 1 head down as long as they stay like this a normal delivery should b ok.

i really want natural delivery as with other 5 if poss.

• Options
    Hey

I tried for a natural delivery with my twins but had pre eclampsia and stopped progressing so ended up with em section, however dont think it was coz i had twins as had singleton after and still stopped progressing so ended up with another em section, turns out i have an incompent cervix, what ever that means.

I loved trying for a natural and wish i cld have experienced it all. I think its best to go with the flow and do whatever consultant recommends xxDBxx