Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

smear test????????

Hi this is prob a stupid question but when do you have a smear????????? Do you have them when you are 25 and over????????? or if you are under 25 but had kids do you have them when you have had kids???????? i would really like to know cos i got told if you are under 25 but have had children you have a smear test...... if that is so i have never had one done i had my first daughter and didnt have one after i had her and also i have had twins and never been offered one either. please help me i am very confused ladies:\?

Replies

• Options
    Hi

I was 22 when i had my little boy, i was told i should have a smear by HV, i went to the clinic n they said they shouldnt really give me 1 due to my age, so stupidly i went home without having one. Fastforward a couple of years (still under 25) and my doc offered me 1. Its a good job i had it done then as i had sever abnormal cells. I always think things wouldnt have been so bad had i had the smear at 22! Please go and demand one!!!