Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Joining you if thats ok?

Hi Ladies,

I'm 9 + 2 today and got told yesterday I am expecting twins!! My OH and I are totally gobsmacked by it and the news still hasn't sunk in!! I wasn't aware of any family history of twins, although i found out yesterday that my grandmother carried twins but they didn't make it. And we've not had fertility treatment, as lots of people have asked already.

I really do know nothing about multiple births or what it's like having 2 babies so I hope you don't mind me asking you lots and lots of questions over the coming months image

I have a 10yr old son already, so a little helper already on board. And he's informed me that he'll have one of the babies in his room at night so he can get up to do the night feeds, bless him!!

Looking forward to getting to know you xx

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations!!! reading your message reminded me of when hubby and I found out - we spent 4 - 5 days just looking at each other and saying "oh my god"!! we'd had IVF for over 2 years though so it wasn't a complete surprise for us and i'm now 16+5 and can't wait.

these are my first, and last, babies so I asked tonnes of questions. Just shout if you want to ask anything....

hope to see you on here again soon

nx
  • Options
    Hi DJ,

Welcome aon Congratulations again (already posted on DIO)

I am mum to almost 14mth old non id girls and a 3 year old. I did take one cycle of clomid when I conceived twins (though I don't make this common knowledge!!)

Fire the questions ahead and like I said - a lot of us are on FB and have a FB Twin mummy group.

I always wanted twins and my late father was a twin. Double the worry, double the work but really an truly a double blessing with double the rewards

Wishing you a healthy pregnancy

xxx
  • Options
    hello and welcome,are they id or non id twins? i have twins boy and girl and there 14 months old now and ive got a little boy who will be 3 very soon

sarah
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm fairly new here too, I am expecting twins in August and have a 2yr old dd. Like you the news came as a total shock, We conceived naturally & I am not aware of any twins in our families so we too were gobsmacked but delighted!
    Not sure if i'm much help with questions but the ladies on here have been great & full of information. x
  • Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the world of twin mummies!

I have 10 month old twin girls who were conceived naturally. They're identical so twins don't run in our family.

I love being a twin mum! It's extremely hard work at times but definitely worth it

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like and we'll all try and answer them as best we can xx
  • Options
    Hey DJ Welcome to twins trplets and more.....
    these ladies are great so between here and DIO we should have great and well informed pregnancies haha image I'll be much more active when i get my Ella home but im still thinking of you my bump buddy haha xxxx
  • Options
    Hi and congratulations!!

I have 13 months old twin girls! x
  • Options
    Hey

I dont reply much on here now but look occasionally and was excited to see you here.

Congratulations, its all a bit of a shock isnt it.

did they say what kind of twins they were? (there chornonisity are they m/c d/c?)

I will help if i can, i have 3yearold identical boys and its fab.

much love to all your family

• Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies, it sound like i've got a wonderful time ahead of me!!
    Teamblue, shows how inexperienced I am, I don't have a clue what m/c & d/c mean!! It's good to hear from you and I hope you are doing ok??
    I've got so much to learn and not even a clue about what questions to ask yet!! I'm sure you can expect to hear plenty more from me xx
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!!

My girls are non-id and now 9 mths old, Sofia & Emelia image
    xx