Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

working twin moms?

i was just wondering - are there any twin moms on here who work?
and do you work out of the house?

i left work when i had my twins - as i have another daughter who was also too young for school - childcare costs were way too high.

but now i got itchy feet and thinking i should be making some money...
just worry i won't be able to keep up with house work and twins and 4 year old - with a job

any one else managing it?!!!!

Replies

• Options
    I go back to work in June. I haven't negotiated my hours yet but am hoping for 4 days a week.
    The girls will go to nursery for those 4 days and I've got their places reserved.
    Fortunately, I have a cleaner so will only need to keep on top of the washing and general tidying which I think I'll be able to do

I'm sure I'll be knackered and part of me wishes I didn't have to go back to work but, on the other hand, I know I have to so that I've got a job/career for the future. Wish me luck - ha!

xxx
  • Options
    I work 3 days a week - the girls (22 months) are in nursery for those days. Recently we've been considering me going back either 4, or even (gulp) 5 days a week, mainly for financial reasons. It's a tough decision as I really don't want to miss out on the girls, I do enjoy my days off with them so much.

Housework-wise - it was tough initially trying to do everything. I felt like I was a little of everything & not very well! Hubby has recently started helping out more with the cooking & food buying after realising how much I've been doing. That's certainly taken some of the pressure off. My biggest thing is making sure I get everything ready the night before work/nursery otherwise we have no chance of getting there on time.

My biggest bug bear is the ironing though. Loads of it & I hate it. I wish I had a cleaner who also ironed! In a perfect world.......

Emma
  • Options
    I am working from home at the moment with my little jewellery and gifts business... I have actually been doing this since the girls were 3 months old and managed by working while my mum was here helping me, and working while girls were napping when on my own.

I might go back to work part time in June but depends on situation at the time. xx
  • Options
    I am going back to work in April 4 days a week and my two will be at the childminder from 8am - 5/6pm for those days. (I also run my own part time wedding business- which I have continued to do since they were both born). No sure how I will cope when I go back though. No Cleaner for me but 'little and often' is my motto which seems to work and I have a super duper 9kg washing machine so I can get lots of washing into it (a big help with twins).

Mrs WB XX
  • Options
    I have just gone back to work 4 days a week, 3 in the office and 1 day working from home. Benjamin and Evie go to nursery for the 3 days and then I try and make my 4th day up when they nap and in the evenings.

I am finding it particulary tough as my husband works away quite a few days a week and my parents work full time. I seem to be on a bit of a treadmill at the moment. Plus Benjamin and Evie seem to have had a silly amount of illnesses since they started in January,

Does it get easier girls?