Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scans

When pregnant with twins (im 15 weeks and have a scan tomorrow) when do you find out whether they are identical twins and also the sex of the twins. Also any info of scans would be good.

Replies

• Options
    Had a scan at 12 weeks, when obviously found out got scan tomorrow and apt to see consultant, hopefully they may tell me the sex of the babies, think they give a percentage. think thats all i wanted to know will let you know how it goes. feeling very nervous hope all is ok. when you cant as yet feel anything you do wonder. already have a 9 1/2 month old and had a miscarriage at 7 wks before him, but my second pregnancy went with no problems and had an easy birth with no complications just gas and air. so afeter tomorrow will feel little better. thanks for help.
  • Options
    i found out my twins were non identical at the 12 week scan (1st one). Maybe it depends how they are lying - if they can see the sac, placentas etc....(idon't know to be honest though!)
    than i found out the sexes at 20 weeks...
    one is def a boy - the other is likely a girl.... its harder to tell girls they say don't they!