Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Twin strollers?

Hey ladies.

I currently have an icandy pear.... I love it because it's nice and slim and I can fit through a single door without any problems! However, down side is, it's getting heavy with my growing little girls! I was thinking of changing to a stroller of some sort, but no idea what I could get! Double buggys (side by side) put me off because I see so many struggling with them (width wise)....

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks
xx

Replies

• Options
    We have the Nipper 360 and I LOVE it!!

Its no wider than a wheelchair so goes through most doors (as most places have to be wheelchair friendly these days) and is so easy to push/put down/put up. Its a bit expensive for a stroller but you can pick them up on ebay.

HTH
  • Options
    I find my Pear heavy now too. Also, now the girls are too big for me to clip the car seats on, it takes up my whole boot by the time I have the frame, pip converter and 2 pushchair seats in there.

We originally bought a Maclaren Twin Techno and I HATE it! It doesn't fit properly in my boot (I have a Golf so not tiny), it's heavy to lift, cumbersome to but up and down and the baskets are tiny (if you want to buy it though, it's in immaculate condition - lol!)Am in the process of trying to sell it.

We have an Out n About Nipper like Gemmiebaby and I love it. I was totally against side-by-side prams which is why we went for the Pear but it's so light and not too wide that I can see us using it until we no longer need a pushchair. Also, it fits flat in my boot with one wheel off so I have loads of room for shopping on top

xxx
  • Options
    Hope you don't mind me crashing, I used to be a nanny for twins and then for LO's who were 4 months and 2 so had a double stroller. The twins had an out n about 3 wheeler that was so easy to push, lightweight and I never had any problems getting through doors. The LO's had a maclaren and I hated it, it was so hard to push, heavy, bulky and I couldn't go anywhere with it because I couldn't fit through doors!

I would recommend getting a 3 wheeler, it was so much easier to push and didn't feel any different to a single. By the way I loved the single maclaren stroller the LO had and will get one myself in a year or so, so I have nothing against maclarens in general, just the double!!
  • Options
    How strange... I have a Maclaren Twin techno and its not wide or heavy!! Its only 73/74cm wide and very light without the girls in it and folds umbrella style very neatly!!

Obv its each to their own... But i cannot agree with your comments ladies.

Em, x
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Does anyone know where they sell the Nipper 360 so I can go have a look?

Thanks x
  • Options
    i have the baby jogger city mini and i love it,very light and easy to push

sarah
  • Options
    We got our Nipper from Kiddicare xx
  • Options
    Can i ask your advice? I've just found out I'm having twins so all our plans to by a simple Quinny are out the window! Ideally I'd like a travel system so that I can just clip car seats on - what do you recommend? We're going to look at the i-candy peach blossom twin and pear along with various others. its all a minefield...... thank you:\?:\?
  • Options
    the icandy is heavy and bulky i found and they is 2 ladies on here who bought the icandy and found it heavy when there LO have got a little older and are getting anouther pram so its a lot of money to pay out,i have heard the blossom is lighter but ive never seen that one as it came out after i had my twins,i have the baby jogger city mini,even though its not a travel system,it was a lot cheaper than the icandy and i find it easy and light to push

sarah
  • Options
    We got our Nipper from Kiddicare too but we were able to go in person. John Lewis sell the Nipper and I'm sure some independent baby shops will do too xx
  • Options
    It's definately a minefield!! Although I wouldn't say my icandy is bulky, I've found it easy to push & get through doors on my own etc, but now the girls are getting bigger - it's definately getting heavier! At the moment I can still push it, but wondering how long I will be able to.... I haven't decided whether we are going to get another pram yet. I might stick it out and see how I go... We would be selling our Pear if we did though, so wouldn't loose any money.

With regards to the Peach and the Pear I have done some research and the cons to the Peach are that you can't have the normal seat units facing you. They only go one way and it has less combinations than the pear. BUT it is lighter than the pear....

fall3n-ang3l - thanks, had a quick look and it looks nice. I'm gonna try a few when we go shopping if we decide to get another one image

Thanks for the advise ladies xx

[Modified by: snowangel on January 05, 2010 09:40 PM]

• Options
    Goodness - I have only just found out I am expecting twins so have got months worth of this minefiled ahead of me. Very helpful to see what others have been using and I'll have to test drive a few of them!!
  • Options
    I got my Nipper from Bambino Direct for ??289.00 - bargin! Kiddicare were charging ??330.00! I did contact them for a price match and they said they would do it but i'd already ordered.

With regards to the Nipper I love it. It's a dream to push. I don't regret getting the Icandy Pear though cos when they were little it was so handy to just pop the car seats on the frame and go. However now they are bigger a new buggy was the right choice for me image

Thanks for all the advise ladies image xx
  • Options
    I have the ABC Design Zoom which I love to bits... I'm looking for a lightweight umbrella fold buggy for quick trips to the supermarket etc...

Any ideas???

Sara x
  • Options
    Me too Sara - Need a lightweight buggy for my mum when she has them. Shes disabled (not wheelchair bound) so needs an easy to fold and light to pick up buggy. The boys will be 8 months before they need to be in it so it doesnt need to be newborn suitable...any ideas??
  • Options
    How about the Obaby Apollo or the Redkite Spirit? I tried the Redkite in Kiddicare. It's about the shortest (in length when folded) of the umbrella fold twins I think as it's the only one that would fit in my boot.
    Not amazingly light but then none of them are but it's not too heavy (lighter than the Maclaren equivalent)

Worth a look?

xxx
  • Options
    Hi,

I bought the Cosatto (2 peas in a pod) today... I'm loving it already, easy to assemble and fold...

It was half price in the Tesco Direct clearance sale...

Sara x