Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice-Twin to Twin transfer syndrom in id twins

Hi ladies,
Has anyone with id twins had to deal with twin to twin transfer syndrom or have lazer treatment for it?
I could do with some info if anyone can help.
Cheers x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Wooly

I was being monitored for TTTS as my twins had a size and amniotic fluid discordance from 20 weeks. The consultant diagnosed a growth restriction but warned us that TTTS could occur at any time. Due to the growth restriction, I had a c section at 32 weeks and it turned out at birth that TTTS had just kicked in (or may have developed during delivery). I didn't need any laser treatment but Lily had to have her blood diluted after birth (she was the recipient).
    We had a great consultant at Queen Charlottes and have done lots of research on it so if you have any questions, feel free to ask xx

[Modified by: trying4babyM on July 23, 2009 12:48 PM]

• Options
    Hi

I was lucky and TTS only begun to show in the last week, they were debating what to do and i went into labour.

Its worth looking at this site, but a warning some times the outcome is very sad. Winelover on the due in June 2009 sadly lost one of her twins after lazer treatment.

http://www.twin2twin.org/Treatment.htm

A friend at twin club had successful treatment and the best doctor in this country is Professor K. H. Nicolaides, who works at King's College Hospital School of Medicine. If you need treatment you need to be sent to him or to Queen Charlottes but from all ive read about Prof Nicolaides is the best (he is world renounned) and as you are having quads id def think he is the best option.

I may have got the wrong end of the post but please if i can help at all let me know

xxDBxx

• Options
    sorry that last post seems a bit harsh and clinincal was typing as i made lunch boxes. not sure how i wanted to say it but dont want to unduely upset or worry you.

Really hope your ok?

xxDBxx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I was scanned on Monday & the consultant wants me back tomorrow to check (only 19 weeks + 2). We shall have to see what happens! I will have a wee look at that link.Cheers again x
  • Options
    HI

how did the scan go? am thinking of you xx
  • Options
    The scan went ok. They are going to scan me again this Friday & keep an eye on things.

Only problem was hubby went away for weekend to a music festival with friends & on Friday night I started bleeding heavily! He drove home as soon as it was safe to drive as he had enjoyed a few beers.
    I got kept in hospital over night & was hysterical thinking I was loosing all the quads!! They think all are ok...I can certainly feel movement from at least one or two of them.

I can't believe how stupid I was thinking how cute having twins would be...for years. This pregnancy has been like a roller coaster but I know I'm not alone in that.
  • Options
    Twins was stressful let alone quads. Pleased all looks ok and bet your just wishing the time away. take care of yourself glad the hospital is taking good care of you and keep us updated, cant stop thinking and wondering how you are

xxDBxx