Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pram/Pushchair/Carseat help pls?

Hi Twin Mums and Mums to be,

I would like to hear your opinions or buys/choices on this matter please, as I'm very confused what to buy and what is the best etc.

My key issue is actually about whether or not to have a separate pram to my travel system, as the travel system I have chose so far, is great for attaching the car seats, its a tandem (with one in front of the other), but would not suit them without the car seats until 6 months old as the front chair does not lye down like the back, so I assumed I need to get a pram also, that supports two babies that can lie down flat (this prob will be a sise by side version), anyway I was wondering do I need both prams, is there not one that does all this for twins?? The reason I was considering the second pram is I was told the babies cannot travel on the travel system in the car seats for long periods of time? Is this right?

What have you ladies bought or going to buy? Im so confused as to what I need.

Thanks Em

Replies

• Options
    hi

yeh they say only so long in car seat not sure how long.

anyway the pram im getting is a large carrycot style where they lay flat side by side facing mum then this goes into a pushchair stlye as they get bigger.

exspensive but looks great tho,and car seats not included..

mandy x
  • Options
    im 26 or 28 weeks with id boys, getting scanned every 2 weeks at mo. I already have a son who is 1 on Monday so have the prob of a pram for all 3. I bought a second hand Double (Twin) Bertini for taking both babies out as they can lie side by side but seats also independent, and hubby can have boy in his own pram, as with live out of a village need something substantial for county lanes, as would use this when we all at home or if someone with me. Then have bought second hand Jane Powertwin with car seat for both babies one in back one in car seat or one in back and my son in front seat and a baby in a sling. This wouod just be for going out around the village or shops. If at friends I got a double buggy from a car bot for ??5 so she can have my son and her daughter and I can have the twins. Very confusing but need something portable for out and about, hopefully boy maybe walking soon too. When big enough will get buggy board. Second time around i think you dont want to spend as much I never thought id go for secondhand things but have bought loads of clothes off ebay for babies. Have you joined Tamba, if not I can send you my buggy guide to look at? Dont rush into buying anything yet do your reaseach and check out the internet. Babies can be in car seat for upto 2 hours max. Good luck.
  • Options
    I'm gatecrashing from baby forum but what about the i-candy pear? I know that you can fit two maxi cosi seats to it and I think you can fit two carry cots on as well.
    Hope that helps
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks Soda, I am going to joing Tamba, so I should be able to get the guide, is it on the website?

Bedhead - after hrs on the net I think your right the I-candy pear is the one that as it all!! I really like it too! Think I need to find a stockist now and got see it. x
  • Options
    I joined Tamba just ??2 something a month get discount from Mothercare etc. not sure if guide on site dont think so. What sort of price is the i candy? Are you getting big? are you working I feel massive now just working 12 days a month but only few days left as I got holiday and start leave 15th Sept including holidays to take. Also have 1 year old to look after so starting to get tired more so not being able to bend and have no family help around, but hubby does loads so that is good.
  • Options
    Hi Soda,

I have not managed to find out the price of the i-candy yet however I know its not that cheap I think its in the region of ??700 ish...? I have been on there website and found my local stockists which Im going to call tom.

I am big for this stage I guess, this is my first pregnancy and Im 13+3 at the moment. I have a definate bump! I am working full time - 40 hrs a wk... i will be leaving at earliest opportunity, which I believe is 28/29 wk isn't? Cant wait.

Cant imagine having another to look after, bless you. x
  • Options
    hello,i found out when i was 7 weeks that iam having non-identical twins and thinking of the pram situation is doing my head in,i have a son who will be nearly 2 when there are born so ive got that to think about too,ive also been looking at the icandy pram but i find it annoying that the websites dont tell you how much there are,i havent phoned anywere yet but would be interesting to know em1983 how much they are

sarah
    xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/sg4fp1/.png

• Options
    Hi thought I'd gatecrash.

I'm getting the icandy pear for my toddler and baby due in 12 weeks . I viewed it yesterday and its fabulous! Only system which satisfies my needs I think.

I have the official price list in front of me:
    #you would need
    pear tandem ??479
    upper fabric carrycot ??69.99
    lower fabric carrycot ??64.99
    upper car seat adapters ??24.99 the lower ones come with it!

I t fits the maxi cosi car seats which are fab luckily I already have one. The stockist we are getting it from offers 10% off on orders over 500 if you pay upfront!

If you want more details let me know!

Gail x
  • Options
    Thanks Gail, I had just logged on to get the numbers to call, but now I dont have to, I guessed the price quite close, I think with 2 car seats also, Id be looking at nearer ??800. I have now seen one other pram I'm currently researching on the net. Gosh never thought it'd be this hard?
  • Options
    thanks gail thats a great help.

sarah
    xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/sg4fp1/.png