Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A FEW QUESTIONS???

Hi everyone hope your all well!
just wondered how many weeks in front you measured,i am 27+1 weeks and measuring 36 weeks!
also has the sonographer been giving you estimated weights of your babies at scans,mine were both 2lb at 24 weeks!

Replies

• Options
    Hi Kerrie,
    Well i had my thirty week scan today and their estimated weights were twin 1 (3lb 6oz ) and twin 2 (3lb 8oz) although twin one is breech so getting the measurements was a lot harder than with twin two.

I have just looked at my notes and at 26 weeks they were (2lb 1oz) and (2lb 2oz) so yours sound just about right!!

When i was measured at 28+3 i was measuring 34 weeks the midwife said this was completely normal for a twin pregnancy, although i feel huge and can't believe i can get much bigger she assured me i will (great)!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps a bit!!
    take care
    Lenniex

• Options
    thanks for replying image
    yes that helps thanks just wondered how everybody elses babies were growing!
    it good to know i will be getting alot bigger lol
    got a scan next week so will see what weight the bubs are then.cant wait!
    glad to hear your pregnancy is going well image
  • Options
    Had a scan last week at 34+4 and babies were measuring at 5lb 6 ans 6lb 5 so they are inducing me at 37 weeks!!!
  • Options
    I measured 10 weeks ahead from 28 weeks, but they refused to measure me much as they said it didnt tell me much so there was no point!
  • Options
    Hi,

at my 26 week scan twin 1 was estimated to be 1lb 15oz and twin 2 estimated to be 2lb 1oz.

At my consultant appointment I was measured to be 30cms but my midwife had measured me at 30cms 2 weeks earlier. I think he measured me slightly differently and said the size doesn't matter, he could it looks fine!!

I'm getting s bit freaked out by the size my 2 could get to after Reading some of the responses, I'd totally got my head round having 2 5lbish babies!!!!!!!!