Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

One twin sleeps through, the other doesnt. HELP!

Hi girls, just wondering if anyone can help me as i am so knackered!

Max will sleep through from 6.30-7 until 7 next morning without waking, unless disturbed!

Ben goes straight off to sleep annd settles himself to sleep, but generally wakes up each night anywhere betweem midnight and 3am and takes up to 2 hours to settle back off. He stands screaming at the end of his cot and will only settle if I pick him up and take him in bed with me!

Now I know this is the wrong thing to do but I have tried everything else. I have done the whole controlled crying (which I dont like) and left him screaming for up to half an hour, going back and forth, but he gets hiimself in such a state.

I dont want to put them in seperate bedrooms as we would like another baby in the couple of years, so we dont want to get them used to seperate bedrooms, as we only have a 3 bed house!

Please help, any suggestions!

Thanks girls.

Oh the boys are 17 months old!

xxx

Replies

• Options
    I think your gonna have to be really firm and not let him in your bed,he knows if he screams and screams you give in,they only small but kiddies are clever,have you tried givin him a drink of water? Or just sittin in the room and not talkin till he calms down?
  • Options
    Hiya! Thank you so much for your reply. We decided on monday night to start controlled crying again.

By the 4th night he slept through and we have had 3 nights on a row like that! so fingers crossed it seems to have worked!!

I do hope so!!!

xxx