Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Question on twin birth

Hi all, Im currently 31+5 with non id twins (boy and girl).

I have my next scan tomorrow so we will be a bit closer to knowing if Im going to be able to give birth naturally or not, as one was breech and one transverse last time we checked. I have a feeling theyre still in the same position image

Anyway, I want my mum and my hubby as my birthing partners like I did with my son. My mum has just commented about her maybe not being allowed in as I may have to give birth in theatre.

I suppose it would depend on the hospital policy but I was wondering how many of you that gave birth to twins naturally managed to have 2 birthing partners there and did you give birth in a normal labour room or did you have to give birth in theatre or operating room, just in case something went wrong??

This is something Im very anxious about now, help please

Amy

Replies

• Options

ive got non-id twins boy/girl,both of mine were head down,i gave birth naturally at 31wks,they had to use forceps but everything was ok,i was in just a normal labour room but i only had hubbie with me,i guess like you said,it depends on the hospital,i would ask the next time you go and see what they say

• Options

i had one breech and the other head down, i had a forsepts delivery for both and my daughter was born no problems, my son however didnt turn round by himself so they had to monover him into position, im very glad i had the epaduril cus it looked sore. unfortuantly you wont know until the day what will happen but im sure if you have a C-section youll be allowed one person in with you, but yes i agree it depends on the hospital. you should ask next time