Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Unhappy lunch out!!

So today I went to a little cafe to meet a friend for lunch, and as usual I packed a little bag with finger foods, yoghurts, etc, to give my youngest LO for her lunch while we were there. For the first time EVER in the whole time I have been taking my LOs out and feeding/weaning them in a restaraunt/cafe, I was told I could not feed my LO the food I broughtwith me, by a very rude waitress!! She told me I needed to order from the menu for my LO. I was gobsmacked and quite angry when she suggested i pick something from their childrens menu (which left a lot to be desired) such as chicken nuggets, beans and chips or maybe some toast!! I told her that the food was totally unsuitable for my  LO but she didn't really seem to care! I asked to talk to the manager, but was told he was not around so I cancelled my order and my friend and I took my LOs to a park where we had a lovely picnic instead!

Has anyone else experienced this? As i said this is the first time I have had this happen, many places I have been to are very accomodating offering to heat food, asking if we need cutlery, napkins etc. I was made to feel very embarassed!! image

Replies

• Options

That is terrible. have vie never experienced this while we have been out with friends. but my friend mentioned a local farm shop/coffee shop has a sign saying only baby food purchased from them can be fed on site!

Overall, not very good and it's their loss of losing your custom and future business.

There a a couple of cafés in Leamington that have banned prams on their premises!