Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nursery and eating

My little one has started nursery, he has been doing 2 days a week for the last 2 weeks. From Monday he will be in 4 days a week. Was very worried about him eating and sleeping while there. Everyday I get given a chart of what he has eaten and how much and if he enjoyed it. I have noticed that some days he does not eat breakfast and then only a few spoons of his lunch and dinner and then other days he will eat quite well. Does eating at nursery improve with time? My little one has caught 2 bugs in 3 weeks, been off his food for a good 1.5 weeks and is the same weight now that he was two months ago!

Replies

• Options

I know its hard not to worry, but once your LO is settled and familiar with his surroundings and all the new faces he should start to eat well again. It can be quite a daunting process for LOs, leaving the comforts of home and Mummy to go to some where totally new, especially to eat there too! And the bugs...oh, one of the joys of nursery! Once his immune system has built up a bit more from having caught the first wave of nursery bugs he should start to get them less. I hope this helps and that he feels better soon and gets his appetite back. Let us know how he gets on. image

• Options

He was at nursery four days last week and 2 of the days he had hardly anything. On Tuesday, all he ate from morning until 5pm was yogurt! I am hoping next week he will be better at eating.