Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Annabel's weaning Journey - part 3

We are now over two months into our weaning journey. I feel that we have been really lucky as Annable has taken to food like a duck to water. She really has enjoyed almost everything we have given her, chicken is still not a favourite but even that she munches on.

I fed a friends baby (who is the same age) yesterday while I looked after her, my friend had warned me that she was not a keen eater but I was really shocked at how hard it was. The LO was not interested in more than a few mouthfuls at a time and was easily distracted and bored, I had to try her with a variety of dishes to excite her. This was such a contrast from how Annabel has been, I think we have been very lucky.

I love that we can eat meals together now and am having fun in being creative with how we eat as a family. I'm sure my blender is feeling a little sad as we don't require its services so much.

At times though I am finding this stage harder than when we just gave fruit/veg purees as a lot of planning and thinking has to take place in order to ensure Annabel gets a variety of nutrients.