Forum home› Babies› Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Vitamins

As I am now back at work, and my DD is in nursery, we are both picking up the inevitable bugs. I know that I more than likely am not getting enough vitamins from my diet, and I just don't know if DD is either.

Does anyone else give their LO vitamins? What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Options

Have just found this article:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/vitamins-for-children.aspx#close

I think I will have to pop into a pharmacy today!

• Options

Thanks for the link krh, I have to admit I knew nothing about children and vitamins!

• Options

Good article! Thanks

• Options

My lo has an age appropriate multivitamin every day I think it's a must especially in this weather x

• Options

When your little one was born the HV should have given you a months worth of free vitamins for you and your LO. In some areas the free vitamins continue until the chid is five years old. Check with you HV if you are eligible for this scheme.

I have to say I am quite forgetful about giving my LO her vitamins each day, but I do try (when I remember ha ha).

KRH- once your LO one starts nursery she will be introduced and exposed to lots of new bugs and germs so expect a few weeks of her getting every illness going!! Good luck.

• Options

I never got anything free! I'm glad caitlin can have chewy ones now, the abidec liquid vitamins I used to give smelt vile I can't imagine they tasted nice either!

• Options

We don't get free vitamins in our area! I give my little on vitamins daily, I started giving him abidec from 6 months. when I ran out of it last week I brought Wellkid Baby Syrup as it contain more vitamins. I too have found that he picks up so many things from nursery and shares it with mum and dad! i am considering having the flu jab as I have not been well (cold) which the little one had last week!

• Options

I took special vitamin supplements when I was breastfeeding and have always given both my little ones vitamins from the start of weaning, as I was worried they may not get enough!! Lola has soft chewy ones now and Mia has the Abidec Lemon flavoured liquid, she loves it! She was not a fan of the Abidec drops, always made her shudder!! I always buy the 3 for 2 offer on vitamins in Tesco or the buy one get one half price in Superdrug to save some money and stock up. image

• Options

Hello ladies!

Thank you for all your posts - it is great to get your thoughts from your first hand experience!

We have had a few bugs from nursery, and I do need to make that trip to the pharmacy. I think the Wellkid syrup sounds like an ideal way to ensure the vital vitamins are consumed!

Where do you tend to buy this? Any good deals anywhere? No freebies here as far as I am aware, but will ask as I am new to the area and Flo is getting her jabs next week.

• Options

We have started using the welkid syrup and I brought it from boots on there 3 for 2 vitamins offer before christmas. not sure if its still on but worth looking. 

• Options

I always buy them from boots and they have always been 3 for 2, plus you can collect the advantage points!