Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Planning weaning at 17weeks

Hi, I have a little boy who'll be 13 weeks tomorrow, he was weighed on Tuesday is is a whopping 15lbs 10oz so my health visitor asked me to attend a weaning class which was yesterday and next Thursday too! I plan to start weaning at 17 weeks and fount the class very helpful, but there are a lot of restrictions on what you can give before 6 months. I will be making all of his meals myself and won't even consider a jar, so my question is What are the perfect first tastes for weaning at 17weeks? The obvious is fruit and veg but I know potatoes and a no go until 6 months is this the same for sweet potato? And what about fruit, are their any fruits other than citrus fruits I should avoid? TIA XXX

Replies

• Options
    Sorry can't really help I've tended to just go with the flow and not worried to much
  • Options

Parsnip, sweet potato, Banana, anything soft and smooth. Baby rice is a great start I started at 12 weeks with my first n she got on great x

• Options

Baby rice is a good one to start on. I gave my LO sweet potato puree to start with, but she was slightly older (5.5 months). I agree with LH86, soft, smooth foods like banana or pureed apple/pear. 

Let us know how you get on! image