Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning my 6 month old

Hi I started to wean my baby when she was 5 months buy giving her porridge in the morning and a rusk in the evening then  the rest of the day and night bottles now she is 6 months and I want to start given her more she has a 6oz bottle at 6.30 then 9.30 porridge followed by 4oz milk around 1.30 another bottle then at 4.30 purreed potato carrots and peas she had a small portion then around 5.45 I gave her half a dessert then I wasn't sure about milk as I find if she has eaten and I give her formula around the bed time which is 7.30 she brings it all up then I wait for her to settle and give her another 6 Oz she  will only have 4 just wanted a bit of advice on what routinelse of try her on as I no babies her age are eating a lot more although I no they are all different and I'm hoping if she eats better she won't get up for a bottle at 1.30 in the night as in a months time I will be going back to work .

Replies

• Options

When considering the recommended milk intake bear in mind that from 6mths they can have dairy food - milk in their breakfast cereal, a yoghurt, some fromage Frais, some pasta sauces...this all counts towards milk intake so less bottles are needed 

• Options

Does this milk have to be Full fat? 

• Options

Yes, dairy for infants should be full fat, not reduced or lighter options.

• Options

Full fat milk is recommended as it has more nutritional value (higher proteins, higher calories...)