Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st Mum help

hi guys my boy is nearly 19 weeks and the past weekish I’ve been giving his 4+month fruit purée only 2 teaspoon a day! 

He has his Normal last feed at 11:30pm-12 5oz and then he wakes up 5-7 hours for a next feed!

but the last two nights he’s been having his normal feed but two hours later he’s been wanted another 4-5oz!

should I up his milk to 6oz or lay of the food?! But I’m confused i hear other people give there baby 4+m food and sleep thru the night! And I wanna get my boy used to different taste! 

Please help! Thank you 

Replies

• Options

Hi, I'm also a FTM!

My only advice is they say solids will not help or hinder sleep. If your baby wants to wake they will. 

My LG has slept through the night since 8 weeks old, she is currently 21 weeks (will be 22 on Sunday). I have no started her on solids yet, I intend on starting baby rice on Monday as my partner is off for the week. 

My LG has been on 7oz bottles for the past 2 months I'd say. She eats at around 8am, 12/1pm, 4/5pm and then bath and bottle at around 8pm. Usually sleepingby 8.30 - I am however trying to bring this closer. 

What time does your LB feed? And how much does he feed during the day? 

A lot of babies don't sleep through until near a year so it's nothing you're doing xx

• Options

My boy has round about 4-5oz every 3-4 hours!  And his last feed at 11-30-12 which is has 5oz! He’s been doing great it’s just the last two nights he’s wanted more! 

Thanj you 

• Options

My little girl has been on 7oz since before 19 weeks and feeds every 4 hours. Her last feed used to be 10.30 but in the last 2 weeks I've brought it to 8ish. So maybe try upping the amount he has? I'm sure the guidelines on the aptamil boxes are 6-7oz for 19 weeks x

• Options

I was thinking upping it in the evening to 6oz! I’ll try that! Thank you 

• Options

Go for it :) he can only reject it if he doesn't want it :)