Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Stage 2 weaning. Help!

Firstly, this is my first time here and I would like to say hello. I am looking forward to "meeting" everyone!
I am having real problems getting my 7 month daughter Maisie to eat lumpy foods. I have tried every thing from cus cus to mashed potato and I have even tried every brand of tinned baby food but she will not eat.
Desserts are easier as they tend not to be so lumpy but I do not want to encourage eating only dessert!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I m starting to worry x

Replies

• Options
    Thanks Ann! I have came to the conclusion that she just might not be ready! Although she does have 4 teeth already so it shouldn't be too long.
    It is reassuring that they wont let themselves starve!
    Thanks again
  • Options
    the easiest way to add lumps to smooth ready made puree's that your little will eat is to add a few tiny pasta shapes to them you only need to put them in hot water for a few mins. Or if you make your own puree's just don't whiz them in the blender for as long as normal so that they are not as smooth as usual.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice! I will try the Cow and Gate Balance.
    Am I a bad mother by giving her jars? I feel very guilty when i do but she is such a fussy wee eater that recently she hasn't been eating my homemade food!
  • Options
    Don't feel guilty about jars, I try to cook food for Poppy but there are times when I can't be bothered, am not at home etc so she gets half and half and she loves them... I always try new foods from jars rather than cook up a load only to find she hates it!!!
  • Options
    Cheers everyone! I dont feel as bad now x