Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeding himself - part 2

Sorry girls, but it's more pics!!!!

I'm so, so proud of my little man!!!!
I can't believe in the space of 2 weeks he's gone from throwing all finger foods on the floor to feeding himself all finger foods and at least one meal a day, with hardly any of it landing on the floor!!

Here he is enjoying homemade chicken nuggets and chips with beans!!

P.S I haven't told a 'certain' Aunty

Replies

• Options
    fab Dawn!! He looks like he's loving it!!
  • Options
    Hi Dawn,

They are fab pics of Cameron. He is tucking in nicely to his meal, you must feel quite smug!!

Zoe xx
  • Options
    Zoe, i certainly do!!!!
  • Options
    LOL Dawn!!!! I'm not surprised!!
  • Options
    oooh homemade, how posh! i havent even attempted letting isaac feed himself yet, hes a disaster in the making!
  • Options
    He looks rather happy to be eating by himself.
  • Options
    Claire, lol at ooooh!!!
  • Options
    YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY WELDONE CAMERON!

He looks like hes really enjoying that
  • Options
    Well done cameron, he looks like he's enjoying himself. Making me hungry looking at those nuggets, homemade too!! Will have to find out how you make them. Jd has started to feed himself a bit with a spoon but most of it ends up in his hair, over his face and all over my hands
  • Options
    Well done Cameron, love the pictures he looks like he is loving it xx
  • Options
    YAY well done Cameron!!!!

WOW thats alot of food he has on his plate and looks delicious too.

He really does look like he is enjoying it and very chuffed with himself too.

Sarah, Zoe has done a recipe for Homemade chicken nuggets on this thread under 'Share ideas for feeding toddlers'
    We tried it and they were a big hit!!!
  • Options
    Dawn looks like he is doing really well and enjoying his food too.

If i were you i would have been straight on the phone to that aunty and told her he he. xx
  • Options
    Nah Karen, then she'd think it was all down to her!!! And we don't want that!

Lucy, he always eats that much!! He's such a guts!
  • Options
    Ahhh Well done Cameron He looks like he's doing great and his dinner looks yummy!!

amber's just getting the hang of feeding herself finger food now, not bad considering she's not long been eating!! I can tell the novelty of food has worn off for her now as she happily lobs it across the room!!!
  • Options
    Oh Tasha, you must be so proud of your little girl.
    She's come on leaps and bounds this year!!

Spag Bol for tea tonight, can't decide whether to be brave and let him attempt to feed himself!!
  • Options
    tasha, have you tried the ice cream yet?
  • Options
    Dawn be brave, the worst he can do is make a mess

and im sure he will love it xx
  • Options
    Well, i was brave and he did sooooo well!!!

Both him and his highchair were in a bit of a state afterwards, but he really enjoyed feeding himself the spaghetti!!
  • Options
    Oh bless Dawn, I remember when I let Charl have spag bog for the first time herself. I put her straight in the bath afterwards!!!!!!! She eats it so lovely now that it's worth while them getting in a state, afterall it's the only way they learn.

Did you take a photo of him?

xx
  • Options
    No, i was going to but couldn't find my camera. I've just found it though, still attached to the comp from the other night when i posted pics!!

John's face was an absolute picture when he walked in, he looked at me like i was insane for letting him feed himself something so messy!!!

He had such great fun though, it looks like Mummy's redundant in yet another of her jobs!!