Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is this about right?

7am 8oz milk
7.45am porridge and some fruit puree
12pm bowl veg and a pud and 4 oz milk
4pm a yog or fruit mixture and 4oz milk
7 pm 8oz milk

Thats how his day goes at the min but want to introduce finger food at teatime i think as he had a crust of my toast this morning and loved it. Is it too early for finger food as hv said 8 months? He also is getting more hungry before his feeds so will prob up his portion. Now al babies different but just wondered if what he's having looks bout right

Replies

• Options
    how long has he been on solids Sarah? After a couple of months I used to give the bottles in between meals. Has he had any chicken or meat yet? If you haven't been weaning long then I'd say this is spot on though. Finger foods all depends on the child they all have them at a different age, if he's ready go for it, there isn't a set time, some are able before others! X
  • Options
    Well i started him at 4 months so think i ought to start to up his solids a bit and start giving him chicken fish etc. Going to do a big cook at the weekend and make fish pie casseroles etc, got my annabel karmel bok at the ready!
  • Options
    hi abbie has only been weaning for 4wks and is doing really well her day goes like this
    7am morning bottle 7oz
    11am bottle 7oz followered by a nap
    1.30pm lunch veg and pud
    4.30pm dinner veg
    7pm bottle 8oz bedtime
    but stephen was doing what jd is doing for his meal times he was always hungry every baby is different i have put some photos on of abbie having her first finger food i spoke to my hv about finger foods and she said its fine as long as your watching them so i have started abbie already i do it with her lunch
    abbie is not a big eater but thougth i would show you what she does as they are the same age hope it helps
  • Options
    Thanks yes its good to see other babies timetables, just to see if i can adapt things to be better for jd. Going to get cracking then with some finger food, get ready for some pis!!!
  • Options
    god, reading this has made me realise what a fat beefcake isaac is!
    11pm 4oz bottle
    3am 4oz bottle
    6.30am 4 oz bottle
    8am slice of taost and bowl of cereal
    11am 6oz bottle and 2 pots of fruit puree
    1pm dinner, 2 biscuits, banana
    3pm, banana, pack of quavers
    6pm, dinner, then picks at our dinner, pot of fruit
    8pm, another dinner and pudding
    according to the health visitor he doesnt sleep through as i dont feed him enough! i never bloody stop feeding him!
  • Options
    lol claire, that has made me laugh!!!
  • Options
    Sarah,
    JD's daily diet sounds about right for his age.
    With finger foods I just gave mine foods that I thought they could cope with.

Claire, it would take my daughter a week to eat all that!!!!!!! hehehe
  • Options
    seriously, isaac will eat a whole mcdonalds happy meal with the tropicana orange drink followed by a banana and will then scream for quavers! he screams when he see's people with food like hes some sort of starving child. he bit me the other day because he'd ate 2 bags of quavers 1 after the other and i wouldnt give him a 3rd!