Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2 questions...

First of all which annabel karmel book is the best as want to buy one but not seen that good a selection so will prob order one online. Want one that has lots of different recipes and that goes up to toddler age
Second of all i've given jd his breakfast with cows milk in it for past few days and he seems to be sick a few hours later? I've also tried petit filous and little stars yogs and same thing happened, could it be they don't agree with him? Going to keep a log of when he's sick as i'm sure its only after he's had those things? Don't want to jump to conclusions that he's allergic to cows milk as prob not, wouldn't he be sick straight away if that were the case and also have diahorrea and rash etc, he doesn't just is sick. Any ideas?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Sarah,
    I think Annabel Karmel complete meal planner is the best.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_...mp;x=7&y=18
    Secondly i can't really advise you on allergies as none of mine have ever had any, but thats interest and certainly seems to be a link?
  • Options
    Yes thats the one i saw, seen others that have lots of puree recipes but don't need those now. Might see if any other authors do cook books for babies...
  • Options
    yes theres lots if you search amazon. in my opinion though this book is fab, i've used it over and over and over again. Have you tried your library Sarah? That way you can try the books and recipes for free!
  • Options
    isaac is milk intollerant he never had rashes or diarrehoa, but his vomiting was almost instant, that was with milk though so maybe with it being solids it is taking longer to get down into his system
  • Options
    Yes i'm going to, will see if its just after breakfast which it seems to be, he only has cows milk then with porridge. Guess it could just be that his body needs to get used to it....
    My local library doesn't have much in the way of baby books full stop so might need a trip to a bigger one to have a look
  • Options
    sarah your library will order in any books for you from other branches for a small fee (around 20p) sorry im a real library nerd absolutely love it!
  • Options
    I think Tasha may be the one to help you here, especially after all the issues she had with Amber's feeding.

I think keeping a diary is definitely a good idea.

I have the 100 baby purees book, not that i have actually used it much. As i don't eat meat and therefor rarely have it in the house a lot of the recipes were unsuitable. I will cook meat but the amounts needed were so small that i would have ended up wasting loads or had a freezer full of tiny meat portions!!
  • Options
    George and Lydia were sick after cows milk, i found that if they had had too much over a period of time ie milk for breakfast and a yoghurt within a 24 hour period, thats what made it worse. like someone else said try staggering how much he has
  • Options
    Thats a good idea, i'll try that. Bought a book from asda today so will be cooking up a storm!