Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby lola

2»

Replies

• Options

Sure he will get used to it,his used to just the 3 of you but sure by the time xmasgets here he will be amused by all the pressies.

Glad the BF is going well,and new borns do do some weird things to us at times.

All the best.

xx

• Options
    i think by christmas he will have forgotten when she wasnt around! he already checks where she is in the morning lol
  • Options

i agree with emma, newborns do funny things to us!! just be firm with the way she latches on so she doesn't completely screw your nipples up!

am sure Jacks will get used to her, sounds like typical big brother behaviour already!! ben comes and kisses my bump every so often, but also attempts to kick it sometimes when i'm changing his nappy image

will be lovely for you having christmas all together.. xx

• Options

she can be a right so n so latching on and messing around but i just wait until shes calm to do it, she didnt latch right once and left me in agony all day! Shes so alert compared to jack who just ate and slept and often slept while he ate! if jacks playing loudly while im feeding she holds on tight then leans back to listen and tries to look about!

I dont think any age is ever completely sure of a new sibling! I was 17 when my sister was born and it completely changed me! and when my brother was born 4mnths ago its made me and my mum even closer than before, but its made my sister a right little madam with awful mood swings, but she completely adores our brother its strange!

I would love another one when jack and lola are both old enough to be told and understand we took jack to scans etc but he just expected iggle piggle to appear on the screen! But me and andrew agreed if we got one of each that was that!

Do you know what your having lucy? xx

• Options

Hi Laura,

Glad to hear you are settling in nicely with Lola, she is adorable. I'm sure jack will love his sister as they grow up and no doubt they will be close too. That is so cute that he checks to see where she is when you get up. 

• Options

Last night he woke up and got really upset so i took him for a cuddle in my room, he calmed down a bit and then as lola had settled in her chair andrew popped up and jack went loopy, looking in the crib etc we had to show him where she was then he settled down and went to bed! and if she cries he really stresses, he kept hitting me when i changed her nappy and she got upset!

And i made a huge mistake saying how good she was i fed non stop from about11-3 last night ending up with andrew taking her downstairs and walking about with her so i could get an hour, and shes only stopped feeding for about 3hrs today and then jacks decided hes going to shout all day and throw things!!! oh the joys, heres hoping it was just because she slept for 6hrs and needed to make up for it!

Anyone got any advice on getting her into the crib at night shell only sleep on me or andrew at night but in the day will sleep anywhere!! Im not sure about having her in bed with us, im so panicy this time!

• Options

LOL at Jacks expecting Iggle Piggle on the screen! Am not sure that would have gone down so well with you guys!! I was hoping to find out at the 20 week scan, but sproglet refused to open his/her legs.. so it's going to be a surprise, which is fine really. We didn't find out with Ben, but was hoping to find out this time, mainly cos the grandparents wanted to know what colour presents to buy!

We're hoping for a girl as I'd love one of each, and if it's a boy we were thinking of trying for number three.. but have decided that this will probably be the last one as not sure we can afford three!!

How many brothers and sisters do you have?? one of my best friends is the youngest of 6, but her eldest brother is in his mid 40s now, so she doesn't really know the eldest 3.. must be nice to have your mum going through the same things with you and sharing babysitting etc!! not sure my mum would be keen on having a newborn now.. she's enjoying nice holidays and working part time and often far too busy having fun to babysit for us!!

As soon as you say they're little angels they turn into monsters, that's just the way they are!! Am sure she'll settle into more of a routine soon.. We were very firm with Ben (mainly cos I had to work full time when he was 3 weeks old) and he slept in his own room in a cot from 3 weeks old, before that he was in our room, but in a moses basket.. I couldn't sleep with him in with us as was petrified Shawn would squash him and I couldn't sleep!! Initially he would cry, but not for long and he settled down quite quickly.. not sure if it was all luck though - things will probably be completely different next time around!!

• Options
    Hi,Laura.Lovely picture.She so cute.I want one.
    Well done on the bf,sounds like you're doing well.
    Don't know if it'll help,but I always wrapped mine in a flanelette sheet while feeding.I put a muslin on my shoulder to bring up the wind.When they drop off I just make sure they really are asleep then gently put them in the crib.Because they're still wrapped they don't feel you put them down.They're still all snuggled up.Ialso put the muslin right close to them too.Both the muslin and sheet also pick up your smell.You obviously have to consider the wrapping as a layer of bedding and maybe put less covers.Anyway,might help,it worked for me,They all settled well like that.You do have unsettled nights at first,takes a while to get into a pattern.
    Hope you get some rest.It's always hard getting used to night feeds again,specially when you have to get up with a toddler in the morning
  • Options
    We had 8 scans lucy and asked about the sex each time and she always had her legs crossed! It took a few days before it sank in that i had a little girl.

Thanx for the advice going to keep trying for a few more nights but if it carries on were gonna try letting her in with us as were suffering and its going to have a rough effect on little jacks... fingers crossed!
  • Options

oh lucy, i just have one of each, my sister charlotte, nearly 4 and brother thomas whos 4mnths, and very yummy i could steal him! hes a complete angel.

i love mum havin the little ones but it is funny when were out and charlotte tells complete strangers thats her nephew etc, theres so many people who say no hes your brother... cue long conversation... lol

• Options
    hi she is so scrummy i have added you on face book i hope you dont mind
  • Options

course not jade!!

thanx for the advice, theoldwomenwholivesinashoe (sorry babybrains made me useless with names) with getting her into the crib, i wrapped her in a sheet then tucked her up tight and she went down for 4hrs fed for 50mins then slept for another 4hrs!!! i feel so much better, and weve all had a much more relaxed day because of it, its brilliant, fingers crossed for a repeat tonight!image

• Options
    I'm glad it worked for you Laura,it's Jo.That really is an old woman trick though.Hope it goes on working for you.My Mum told me when I was having number 2(having not shared it with me despite a sleepless unsettled number 1,thanx Mum).Made a difference with the last 5 babies.Anything for some rest.You just had surgery though.Must be a lot harder to recover for you guys who have to have sections and still have to do nights.4 hrs though,you must feel like you had a full night.Broken sleep quickly takes its toll.
  • Options

I slept better last night than the last month or so of being pregnant, its great! and shes been much easier today as a result of the good night.

the recovery isnt as bad as expected, just have to keep on top of painkillers and remember to get up, pick up things carefully etc, its more frustrating than anything because i feel well but cant do things, like put jack to bed as he needs lifting into his cot, have a bath with him in the morning etc... Only problems ive had as there as scar tissue from jacks section it was tricky getting lola out so theyve bruised my ribs and also have a huge bruise on my stomach, but im taking arnica tablets which are really helping!

• Options
    I hope you feel better soon.It must be hard remembering not to lift Jack,well like you say frustrating.Make sure you get plenty of rest though,even if you feel well. Shame you can't actually stockpile sleep, be nice if you could keep it stored for when you need it,but you can catch up some of what you missed.That bruising sounds gruesome.I don't suppose you really appreciate that unless you've been through it.I've been very lucky so far.
  • Options

LOL at stockpiling sleep - that would be so handy!!

Must be tough Laura, remembering not to bend and lift Jacks, as it's such a natural thing to do! Am going to try and remember Jo's tip for when sproglet comes along as sounds like a good plan! That's a big age gap for you guys with your sister being 4! My sister's 7 years younger which I thought was a big gap!! Is funny she has a nephew already!

Am feeling very happy tonight as my hubby's went for a job interview today and got the job!! He's been a housewife for the last 2 years (and been a fab one too), but was losing confidence that he would ever get a job again, so really happy for him image Hope Andrew gets lucky soon too, but must be nice having him at home at the moment.

Fingers crossed tonight is another good night xx

• Options
    my little sister adores jack and is totally gooey over lola as we are the only girls shes really chuffed! its poor thomas, jacks a year older than him so he was born into being an uncle! should be interesting when they are all at school! As where we live is pretty small theyll probably goto the same one unless we move house before then, but its the best primary round here.