Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I dropped her!!!!!!! :(

2»

Replies

• Options
    Oh no, the guilt you put on yourself as a mother is unbelievable isn't it?

Another baby dropper here! When dd was about 8 weeks old i missed a step going out our front door and fell with her in my arms. She landed on the stones face down and was screaming! Her face was all scratched and i felt terrible. To make matters worse, we were on our way to my neice's birthday party and i had to face the mother in law - who was not amused! Luckily my sil's friends were all there and they made me feel much better by saying that these things happen and that babies are more resiliant than we give them credit for!

Thankfully i haven't dropped her since but hubby did let her fall off the bed a few months ago when he didn't realise she could move so quickly!! It was an accident and she was fine but he also felt awful! Needless to say it has never happened again!

• Options
    oh dear, we'd have all been the same. I remember carrying my little nephew (now 3) upstairs as he was asleep, he was only about 4 months and I was baby sitting. I wobbled on the stairs and clonked his head against the wall - well literally his eyes opened wide and he screeeeaammmeedd at me..... I told my sister when she got back as i was racked with guilt and she was like - oh I've done that loads!!

I've also dropped my little Joshie as I was rushing with him - he was in his car seat and it slipped from my hands as it was raining - landed on it's side, he screamed but was ok a few moments later - I felt like crap for the rest of the day tho.

I think mother nature guessed how clumsy mummies can be and how accidents will happen and made our babies a little tougher than we give them credit for!!

I argee tho - need a bubble dome for them to live in, nice and safe!